Dinner in Grand Suite on Independence

Well the excitement is mounting here. The cruise is just 61 days away and taking into account Christmas its not too long now before the big birthday cruise on the Independence of the Seas. I have been advised that if I want room service dinner in the suite we are booked in, then the best thing to do is to take the table and chairs from the balcony and put in the stateroom and use that for eating from. Sounds good to me, but how do I order a white tablecloth to put over the table so that we do not feel we are eating from garden furniture. Obviously the food comes all at once. Any tips for keeping the separate courses hot/cold ? AND is this a nice way to have dinner or will I regret it ? Birthday boy is being treated to dinner at Chops Grille on the actual day but sometimes we just want to eat in the quiet of our state room, but dont want to feel its a poor second best to MDR.

Hello again~ Your waiter will automatically bring you a white table cloth every time you order room service, whether it's for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! All your food will come on covered plates and you can ask that they be set down on your bar top, coffee table, or dining table, which ever you prefer. Your waiter will bring everything you need for the table setting: cloth napkins, cups, glasses, etc.

As to whether you'll like dining in your room, you'll know when you get there! We only ever dined in for breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed it. However, friends of ours had at least three or four dinners in their GS and they loved the romance of it. We liked the main dining room too much to want to skip a meal there (we had the world's best waiter :)).

One thing for certain is that you will love being in a Grand Suite!! It's really a lovely experience all around.

If you enjoy eating in your room, then you will find it to be fine. Personally, I LIKE being "out and about"...maybe that's because hubby and I are "empty nesters" and eat most meals at home as just the 2 of us....having something other than each other to look at is a nice change!!! Not that we don't enjoy our own company, but we also enjoy the company of others....gives us something new to talk about!

Hello again~ Your waiter will automatically bring you a white table cloth every time you order room service, whether it's for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! All your food will come on covered plates and you can ask that they be set down on your bar top, coffee table, or dining table, which ever you prefer. Your waiter will bring everything you need for the table setting: cloth napkins, cups, glasses, etc.

As to whether you'll like dining in your room, you'll know when you get there! We only ever dined in for breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed it. However, friends of ours had at least three or four dinners in their GS and they loved the romance of it. We liked the main dining room too much to want to skip a meal there (we had the world's best waiter :)).

One thing for certain is that you will love being in a Grand Suite!! It's really a lovely experience all around.

I have never once had room service on Royal bring a table cloth (on Celebrity yes) ...and I have stayed in and ordered room service from standard cabins right up to the Royal Suite.

Here's a breakfast picture for you (on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas this year), a towel animal (it's my understanding that only suite guests get them now), some suite pictures and the last one is from our tour of the galley (ask your concierge to sign you up for the tour if you are interested). We brought some our favorite CDs with us since there is a Bose sound system (great audio quality).

SAM_1690.jpg.48aba55e030b01760ecba8ee1a3c18f6.jpg

SAM_1908.jpg.144c51bd21fea58163e59f43008634cd.jpg

SAM_2082.jpg.15f8101a9ad95769117153b11a95d237.jpg

SAM_2083.jpg.e51815daa97593e083d0bd9a8cc8bc1e.jpg

SAM_2096.jpg.38fa8cbb30afddac9f689992d788747b.jpg

Well the excitement is mounting here. The cruise is just 61 days away and taking into account Christmas its not too long now before the big birthday cruise on the Independence of the Seas. I have been advised that if I want room service dinner in the suite we are booked in, then the best thing to do is to take the table and chairs from the balcony and put in the stateroom and use that for eating from. Sounds good to me, but how do I order a white tablecloth to put over the table so that we do not feel we are eating from garden furniture. Obviously the food comes all at once. Any tips for keeping the separate courses hot/cold ? AND is this a nice way to have dinner or will I regret it ? Birthday boy is being treated to dinner at Chops Grille on the actual day but sometimes we just want to eat in the quiet of our state room, but dont want to feel its a poor second best to MDR.

I just stayed in a Grand Suite on Liberty....I am just trying to remember if the outside table would fit thru the sliding door opening:confused:...not sure....they may have brought those tables out with the legs off and assembled them on the balcony. Even if it did fit it would require you to rearrange the suite furniture to make it fit in the cabin.

I have never once had room service on Royal bring a table cloth (on Celebrity yes) ...and I have stayed in and ordered room service from standard cabins right up to the Royal Suite.

Ive never received a table clothe either - only did breakfast or lunch tho - not sure its automatic with dinner but doubt it

I just stayed in a Grand Suite on Liberty....I am just trying to remember if the outside table would fit thru the sliding door opening:confused:...not sure....they may have brought those tables out with the legs off and assembled them on the balcony. Even if it did fit it would require you to rearrange the suite furniture to make it fit in the cabin.

The Voyager is a different class of ship than the Independence, but on the VOS the table easily fit through the sliding glass door. It's light, too, so it was no trouble at all fitting it through and then returning it to the veranda when we were done eating our breakfast. You can see from my photo how wide the door is.

Ive never received a table clothe either - only did breakfast or lunch tho - not sure its automatic with dinner but doubt it

Awwww, now you're making us feel really special because we had white cloth service every morning!!! Without asking. :)

The Voyager is a different class of ship than the Independence, but on the VOS the table easily fit through the sliding glass door. It's light, too, so it was no trouble at all fitting it through and then returning it to the veranda when we were done eating our breakfast. You can see from my photo how wide the door is.

Awwww, now you're making us feel really special because we had white cloth service every morning!!! Without asking. :)

LOL Din - we'll be in GS on Explorer for NYE and Ill be sure to ask for a tableclothe - looks so nice in your pics! Sorry I didn't think of it sooner;)

Here's a breakfast picture for you (on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas this year), a towel animal (it's my understanding that only suite guests get them now), some suite pictures and the last one is from our tour of the galley (ask your concierge to sign you up for the tour if you are interested). We brought some our favorite CDs with us since there is a Bose sound system (great audio quality).

Don't know about other ships, but we just returned from 51 days aboard Radiance in the same JS cabin and had a towel animal almost every night if not every other night.

Archived