Show reservations - Do you get a ticket or scan your seapass card to get in?

No tickets (on the Oasis and Allure anyhow). A ship employee scans your SeaPass to confirm your reservation. If you don't want to go, just don't show up. Ten minutes before the show starts, they allow people with no reservations to grab empty seats.

Are there tickets for the ice show (on other ships)? I recall my sister having to pick some up before the show on the Independence a few years back.

No tickets (on the Oasis and Allure anyhow). A ship employee scans your SeaPass to confirm your reservation. If you don't want to go, just don't show up. Ten minutes before the show starts, they allow people with no reservations to grab empty seats.

Are there tickets for the ice show (on other ships)? I recall my sister havong to pick some up before the show.

I believe they have pretty much stopped the paper ticket thing, and gone to scanners. I remember picking up tickets in 2009, but on the last 3 cruises with ice rinks they used the scanners for all types of shows.

simple question...in title of thread...thanks.

I assume if you get a ticket you can simply give it to somebody else if you don't need it.

Thanks.

On Oasis and Allure, at least, and perhaps on other ships that now have shows which can be reserved in advance, your reservations are encoded on your seapass card which is scanned when you arrive at the theater. Most ships that I have been on that have an Ice Show have eliminated the requirement for actual tickets, and admit people on a first come-first served basis. Some ships have offered a special performance of the Ice Show to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests.:)

I have not been on a Voyager class ship in many years. So do I still need to make a reservation for an ice show ahead of time or not? Going on Adventure next month. Can anyone tell me which days of a 7 day cruise they do the ice show?

Thanks

Archived