Happy Birthday Oasis and Allure!

will773

Although they had short mini cruises before this, the Oasis Class of ships turns another year older today, December 5!

Happy 2nd Birthday Oasis!

Happy 1st Birthday Allure!

Here's to two great cruises and many more to come! :)

Although they had short mini cruises before this, the Oasis Class of ships turns another year older today, December 5!

Here Here!!!!! I have many friends on the Allure birthday cruise right now...the international critters group! We will be on next week for the birthday cruise to the eastern caribbean!. This group is bringing musical instruments this year to the children at the new school in haiti!

I always think of a ship's "birthday" as the day it was launched. The day they laid the keel was its "conception." Sea trials would be its schooling. Honestly, I never thought about what to equate its maiden voyage to. "Coming out" (in the sense of a debutante at a ball)? The first day on the new job after graduating from school?

In any case, whatever we want to call it, today is a happy day in the life of the Oasis sisters. Will773, thanks for reminding us of this wonderful occasion. I envy the several thousand passengers who are at this moment celebrating with the "girls" in person!

I always think of a ship's "birthday" as the day it was launched. The day they laid the keel was its "conception." Sea trials would be its schooling. Honestly, I never thought about what to equate its maiden voyage to. "Coming out" (in the sense of a debutante at a ball)? The first day on the new job after graduating from school?

In any case, whatever we want to call it, today is a happy day in the life of the Oasis sisters. Will773, thanks for reminding us of this wonderful occasion. I envy the several thousand passengers who are at this moment celebrating with the "girls" in person!

I just think of the birthday as the time when the ships are finally put into regular service, and get to take passengers, as that's what they were made for. December 5th was the Inaugural 7 Night cruise for both ships, so that's why I believe today is their birthday.

I just think of the birthday as the time when the ships are finally put into regular service, and get to take passengers, as that's what they were made for. December 5th was the Inaugural 7 Night cruise for both ships, so that's why I believe today is their birthday.

Your reasoning is as good as mine. I see from your cruise history that you were aboard the Allure's maiden voyage (for regular 7-night cruises). That must have been a very special cruise indeed!

I can go along with that :)

Happy Birthday to those HUGE, beautiful girls! Hopefully one day, prices will come down and i will be able to sail on one of them :)

And how many posts were on all of the cruise boards about the two ships sending Royal Caribbean under? How many posts did we read that the ships would never sail full each week?

Well here one year after the Allure set sail this article was posted.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/11/royal-caribbean-allure-cruise-ship/575132/1

Oasis' Maiden Voyage was really a great cruise! We get lots of commemorative gifts to show the significance of the sailing. My cruise on the Allure was just as fun, if not more so! Love these ships! :D

I was on the Maqiden Voyage of Oasis so I definatly want to wish her a Very Happy Birthday, she's just an incredible ship!!!! :D :D

I'll also say Happy Birthday Allure, maybe I'll sail on her someday as well!! :D

I wish them both (and their crews) nmany more years of wonderful, happy cruises with smooth seas and sunny skies!! :D

Archived