London to Heathrow - really expensive

sandyh422

Hello, for those of you familiar with the area between Paddington Station and Hyde Park, could you advise me? Our hotel is on Lancaster Gate, and according to google maps, that is an 8 minute walk, but how easy is it to walk it if my husband and each have a rolling suitcase? Are there sidewalks or any unpaved areas between the areas? Google gave me a warning about possible unpaved or unwalkable thoroughfare? Thank you :) Kathy

Hello, for those of you familiar with the area between Paddington Station and Hyde Park, could you advise me? Our hotel is on Lancaster Gate, and according to google maps, that is an 8 minute walk, but how easy is it to walk it if my husband and each have a rolling suitcase? Are there sidewalks or any unpaved areas between the areas? Google gave me a warning about possible unpaved or unwalkable thoroughfare? Thank you :) Kathy

We stayed in that area on our first visit to London. All walkable; lots of restaurants. You shouldn't have a problem. Just remember to look down at the signs on the pavement when you reach a corner: it will tell you which way to look for approaching cars. Very handy for us "righties". :D

We stayed in that area on our first visit to London. All walkable; lots of restaurants. You shouldn't have a problem. Just remember to look down at the signs on the pavement when you reach a corner: it will tell you which way to look for approaching cars. Very handy for us "righties". :D

Thank you Peggy!! :)

Just remember to look down at the signs on the pavement when you reach a corner: it will tell you which way to look for approaching cars. Very handy for us "righties".
Actually, I'd advise this to any visitor to London: When crossing the road, look carefully both ways, even if it's a one way street. This is London, and you never know quite what's going to happen next.

Never heard of a London Street at Paddington - which hotel?

Regards safety you won't have a problem in Paddington, especially during the daytime.

Sussex Gardens in Paddington has a bit of a reputation for prostitutes at night, but I think you would in reality have to be seeking them out for most people to notice. With the usual common sense precautions you should feel safe walking around all of the central parts of London day or night.

This isn't an American city after all.

A most untrue, idiotic remark. Crime statistics show New York City, at least the parts tourists visit, is one of the safest cities in the world. Whether you meant it tongue in cheek or not, it's a moronic thing to say.

Archived