WiFi on Freedom of the Seas

jackg962

Is there WiFi in the rooms on FOS? or just in certain areas on the ship? Is it any cheaper to use your own laptop and buy air time versus using their computers on the ship for Internet access?

Thanks, Leaving Sunday Dec11

Jack

Is there WiFi in the rooms on FOS? or just in certain areas on the ship? Is it any cheaper to use your own laptop and buy air time versus using their computers on the ship for Internet access?

Jack

The price is the same whether you use your laptop or their computers. However, you might be able to minimize costs better using your laptop if you can download messages, disconnect, compose replies offline, then reconnect and send replies.

If I remember correctly, I think Freedom was recently upgraded and has WiFi all over now.

Jack

Yes...Freedom has WiFi access from all cabins...same price whether you use your computer of theirs.

I am bringing my laptop for the first time, as I found it takes me longer trying to use the

awful computers at the internet cafes that the ship supplies than my own. The internet system is indeed slow, using either theirs or yours...but I don't spend as much time clinking off minutes when I am comfortable with my own.

I will also enjoy being able to use it with the WIFI in the cabin too.

We have a huge thread going for your sail date, if you want to join us. See you on board

on Sunday!! :)

Jack

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Clarea is right. If your just using it for email, it's better to use an email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) and download the messages to your laptop to read off-line. Keep in mind, the wifi is no faster than the computer lounge and neither is great for casual browsing. If you are a C&A member and depending on your level, there maybe coupons in your C&A book for free minutes.

...Clarea is right. If your just using it for email, it's better to use an email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) and download the messages to your laptop to read off-line. ...
The only thing I should add to this concept of downloading messages and responding offline, is if you have people (like I do) who think nothing of sending you 5MB AVI files because they are humorous, this downloading concept is not a good idea unless you modify the settings in your email program. Most email programs can be configured to skip files larger than a certain size when downloading files for offline use. Bob

Archived