Valor Thanksgiving Cruise-Left Camera

cruzrgrl

I would like to say thank you to my hubby for rushing me out of the cabin on debarkation day.......my new camera was left on the desk. I have notified Carnival but I don't expect to get my camera back. I am just sick about this.

While it is NOT the stewards fault that my camera was left, I am hoping he is honest enough to turn it in.

Please don't blast me I am just so frustrated about it.

Please do not give up about not finding it!

Call Carnival and file a claim. It will take about THREE weeks for them to let you know if it was recovered.

Your ship arrives.... and eventually goes back to sea.

The next week, all items found on the previous cruise are brought to the port.

They are THEN sent to Miami, where they are brought to a lost and found warehouse.

THEN, they take the time and look for a camera that matches your description.

THEN, they contact you if they found it.

Carnival lost our laundry on the last day at sea, and yes, three weeks later, they found it. So do not give up!

Good Luck... and yes, be mad at your DH all you want.. it is always their fault, you know! ;);)

Catrin

Ok, so someone needs to stand up for DH. Guess that'll be me...:)

On the other hand, I hope you retrieve your camera. I left one on a Delta flight...

Don't worry, Their are a lot of us behind you giving you the silent moral support. If she would have only packed it the night before like DH asked her to.:)

For future cruisers-- attach a luggage tag to your camera/case.

One side with your cabin number the other with your home address.

Take a close-up picture of your cruise card, as soon as you get to your cabin! ;)

Anyone(honest) finding the camera will prob. go thru your pics looking for clues.

Your cruise card has much info on its front, which could get you and the camera Together Again.

Check out this Lost Camera thread as well...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1528030

Ok, so someone needs to stand up for DH. Guess that'll be me...:)

On the other hand, I hope you retrieve your camera. I left one on a Delta flight...

I've got his back also. As a fellow husband, we all know it's our fault and fully accept responsibility. :D

I went to work one day.

Wife wanted to go to the store.

Her car is in the garage. The battery is dead in the garage door remote that sits in her car.

She couldn't go shopping because the door won't open.

MY FAULT!!

Doesn't matter that she could have pulled a rope to open the door,,,,, Nope,,, bad husband, bad husband.

Take a close-up picture of your cruise card, as soon as you get to your cabin! ;)

Anyone(honest) finding the camera will prob. go thru your pics looking for clues.

Your cruise card has much info on its front, which could get you and the camera Together Again.

Check out this Lost Camera thread as well...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1528030

Go one better..the first pic I take on my camera is a picture of a pices of paper with my name, address and phone number...if I lose the card or the camera with the card in it, I have a good chance of getting it back if cound by an honest person.

OP hope you get your camera back soon.

I was on the Liberty 11.26 sailing. I left an SD card with about 700 pictures on it inside our safe.

Ship docked Saturday. Found out about it Sunday.

Called the ship @ $9.50 per minute...told me they would check, but I needed to file a claim with Carnival.

Not giving up, I remembered I had the email address and name of the Steakhouse manager from the reservations I made prior to the cruise. Also met her on the ship.

In desparation, I emailed her with my plea for help. About 15 minutes later, she replied, after emailing all the department heads on the ship. Housekeeping had gone down to the room, talked to the guests in there, asked them to open the safe, and THEY FOUND MY CARD. The took it to guest services and gave me the L&F tag #.

They said it would be transferred to Carnival's L&F dept. when the ship docks in Miami next Saturday. I went ahead and opened a L&F ticket with Carnival with that tag # so hopefully they will match up when they get my card in.

Not to get my hopes up too much...but I really do hope I get it back. If you know anyone on the ship, send them a plea for help.

I carry around my camera. DH carries around the cam corder. In october of last year we got rained out of hmc. That morning after the announcement of hmc being cancelled we went to get a copy of the emergency capers. I took the cam corder. We went to the main theatre for a activity. We left and I left the cam corder sitting on the seat (the long sofa type ones on the main floor center) About 20 minutes later I realized I left it there. Dh went running down there to see if it was still there. It was gone. We checked several times a day every day and no one turned it it. I was really upset. There was a lot of stuff on it, and stuff I wanted to record. DH wasn't upset. He made plans right away to get a hi def replacement when we got back. :rolleyes:

I wish someone would have been honest. Or at least turn in the memory cards. Nope, I'm not lucky enough for that!

DH was sweet though. He got his phone out of the safe (which he put on airplane mode when we left) and made little recordings here and there on his phone.

I wish you luck. I know how it feels!

I left a camara on a southwest flight a year ago, lost my new camara. I too was hoping someone would turn it in, but nope. I hope they are enjoying my camara, yes my fault for not making sure it was in my bag when getting off. at least I didn't loose any pictures they were all downloaded.

I believe there is a website called something like "I found your camera." Someone recently posted on this board about the site.

I find a list for the last morning is just as important to me as a list prior to travel. On that list is my camera and the DH hat!

Hopefully someone will be honest and return your camera.

Shirley

I found the last post about I found your camera website interesting, so I looked it up. Amazing all the stories about lost cameras. I wondered if there was a site called I lost my camera, but I couldn't find one.

Good luck, I hope you get it back!

I carry around my camera. DH carries around the cam corder. In october of last year we got rained out of hmc. That morning after the announcement of hmc being cancelled we went to get a copy of the emergency capers. I took the cam corder. We went to the main theatre for a activity. We left and I left the cam corder sitting on the seat (the long sofa type ones on the main floor center) About 20 minutes later I realized I left it there. Dh went running down there to see if it was still there. It was gone. We checked several times a day every day and no one turned it it. I was really upset. There was a lot of stuff on it, and stuff I wanted to record. DH wasn't upset. He made plans right away to get a hi def replacement when we got back. :rolleyes:

I wish someone would have been honest. Or at least turn in the memory cards. Nope, I'm not lucky enough for that!

DH was sweet though. He got his phone out of the safe (which he put on airplane mode when we left) and made little recordings here and there on his phone.

I wish you luck. I know how it feels!

This same thing happened with my mom's camera last June. She went back 15 minutes after she forgot it..but wasn't there..we checked every single day and no one turned it in. She was planning on getting a new one anyway..but she lost a lot of pics..and it was my nephew's first cruise.

A friend of mine left hers in her room on the Triumph and called Carnival immediately after debarkation telling them exactly where it was. I also emailed John Heald and he sent a email to the ship. It had pictures of her getting engaged on the ship on it. It was never returned. All she wanted was the memory card. The camera can be replaced.

Archived