Attessa IV

Okay since some of us on this thread have been around for a few years and often try to remember things down memory lane here is a link to a video that was posted on another thread that has a guy named Mickey on board.

How many of us remember watching that show when we we little ones.

Enjoy

Cheers

Dennis

and nib and ink, and a crank up phone, and rode the old streetcars. Dad have a 56 beetle - every time the engine needed some work he would unbolt the four nuts holding it in place - hoist it out - put in his replacement one and work on the original one.

Cheers

Dennis

Just a shout out to us locals that the downtown sea plane terminal used by Harbour and West Coast air et al has moved to the site at the Convention center - they have already removed the trailers housing the offices etc and once a couple more planes are moved the floats are likely to be removed as well.

Once this is finished both walkers and cyclists will have a completely separated path all the way to Stanley Park.

Cheers

Dennis

Yup, I used the new terminal last week going to and coming from the Springsteen concert. It's a big upgrade, a lot more comfortable and spacious than the old trailers. Harbour Air/West Coast Air (they merged last year but still have separate flights and planes) have an espresso machine on one side of the check-in counter with an attendant to provide cappucini(?), fruit, snacks etc all at 'no cost'. They solved the landing fee impasse by negotiating it down to $7.50 from $15, an acceptable number in my view.

I guess I should add something for those reading who pass along local advice and help. Harbour Air regularly offers last-minute web-only fares of $45 between Vancouver and Victoria Harbours. With taxes in, the fare comes to just under $65, for which sum I can't take my car across on the ferry and park it anywhere in the downtown area. The economics change, of course, for multiple passengers.

Shaw is expanding their free wifi coverage in Victoria. The pilot project started last spring and includes a lot of sites in the downtown area (and in downtown Vancouver). The reason that's of interest here is that cruise ship passengers and other tourists have free access for 60 minutes. Coverage maps are available here.

Edited by porsena

• 4 weeks later...

Well PD is boarding a ship in Ft Lauderdale for a B2B in the Caribbean -so let's wish him a great cruise - when he disembarks on the 26th I will be embarking on a different ship - we won't be able to meet up because of scheduling but he has promised to wave to me from the plane and I will try and remember to wave to him from the ship.

Cheers

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

DW and I are in Kingman, AZ headed for the Grand Canyon but, unfortunately, the canyon forecast is for snow (!) the next couple of days. Think we'll take a couple of weather days in the Phoenix area before looking north again. Planning to be in Yuma Saturday to meet friends.

DW and I are in Kingman, AZ headed for the Grand Canyon but, unfortunately, the canyon forecast is for snow (!) the next couple of days. Think we'll take a couple of weather days in the Phoenix area before looking north again. Planning to be in Yuma Saturday to meet friends.

Kingman is the county seat for Mohave County and you are about 45 minutes from where we are in Fort Mohave. However, Kingman is much higher than we are and does have winter. Enjoy the Grand Canyon and your time in Yuma.

Well PD is boarding a ship in Ft Lauderdale for a B2B in the Caribbean -so let's wish him a great cruise - when he disembarks on the 26th I will be embarking on a different ship - we won't be able to meet up because of scheduling but he has promised to wave to me from the plane and I will try and remember to wave to him from the ship.

Cheers

Dennis

Hey Ut;

Don't know if you will be monitoring CC while you are on your epic cruise but we saw the Grand in Port Everglades yesterday and flew over it as we left FLL at 1 pm.

Have a wonderful cruise, I am sure that there are a number of us that very envious of your terrific cruise.

Kingman is the county seat for Mohave County and you are about 45 minutes from where we are in Fort Mohave. However, Kingman is much higher than we are and does have winter. Enjoy the Grand Canyon and your time in Yuma.

Thanks! San Diego after Yuma but the cruise itineraries from there seem fewer than in the past. We're going to try Amtrak back to Seattle.

Thanks! San Diego after Yuma but the cruise itineraries from there seem fewer than in the past. We're going to try Amtrak back to Seattle.

Yes, San Diego with its barn for a cruise terminal and CA's fuel legislation is forcing ships out of San Diego and across the border to Ensenada.

• 4 weeks later...

The Port of Victoria cruise-ship schedule for 2013 is out at http://victoriacruise.ca/page/cruise-schedule. This year's season runs from Apr 17 to Sep 29. There will be two ships in port most Thursdays and three most Fridays and Saturdays. Regrettably, a majority of the 210 visits will take place for 5 or 6 hours in the evening, reducing the scope for passengers to experience the city's attractions.

Today's T-C says that the CRA has seized 6 carriages and a couple of trolleys from Black Beauty Line for non-payment of taxes. Black Beauty was one of the three carriage tour operators in Victoria. The CRA did not seize the horses, for reasons we might imagine. The company had defaulted on a negotiated payment plan for back taxes, so things don't look good for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I survive the 49 day cruise - lots of ups and down and too many to detail here - some of my thoughts are on my blog and I will be adding more but I have a question for the master of knowledge - Putterdude.

While in Cabo San Lucas there were a couple of large yachts - one with the initial`s RIA I think that reportedly belongs to a Russian billionaire and the second with the name of ATTESSA which is supposedly own by Tiger Woods. I someone hadn`t told me I would have assumed that Mr Washington had his anchored there.

With some 10,000 Canadians owning a piece of the action in Cabo I could see that being a possibility.

Cheers

Dennis

Well first off....welcome home, I have been thinking about you and how you were making out....I hope you had a good time.

Dennis Washington owns the Atessa IV and the 3 that bore that name before her. Now were the previous 3 re-named after he sold them, I don't know and for that matter he may not yet have sold III. You should have been able to see the IV after the word Attessa. I also believe he charters his yacht out so it is entirely possible Tiger Woods was aboard.

I will check my pics but I am pretty sure that there was no number after the name - there was a helicopter on it - it was one of the locals who passed that info on to another cruise critic member.

Another one of life`s little mysteries.

Cheers

Dennis

I really can't make out much from the thumbnail but from all photos I have viewed of the IV the IV is very clear at the end of the name. I don't think the III had that number after its name so my guess is that it is the III plus where the name appears to be on the white superstructure is where the name of the III was.

Tell us when you blog is finished, I would like to read it.

Edited by Putterdude

Looks to be the same Atessa I saw last August at the foot of Keith St in N Van. Tiger has his own 155 footer called, ironically, Privacy.

Found your blog, Dennis, and will spend some time with it. That was a long time to be away.

Looks to be the same Atessa I saw last August at the foot of Keith St in N Van. Tiger has his own 155 footer called, ironically, Privacy.

I think you mean Lonsdale Ave., Keith runs east/west and is some blocks above the water. However, the colour scheme of the two Atessas are the same and I think what you saw was the Attessa which was the III. The new one clearly has IV after it's name.