Am I being unreasonable?

Lovesatq

Dave and Jackie, you are so entertaining! This is why I follow CC religiously. LOL. I was just about to reply that I agree with rallydave, then TC2 came in with very good arguments, and I agree with those too - you guys are a hoot.

Lovesatq, no matter what you do, you will have a fabulous time, so don't sweat it! It will all work out. :D Oh, and I really DO think the planning is best done by the "ladies". My DH couldn't care less - he just pays the bills! I can't wait for our next Regent cruise (a year away, darn).

This is the situation...my husband and I along with my brother and his wife are booked for a June, 2012 Med cruise starting off in Rome. My brother and his wife are booked in a Cat. D cabin and we're in Cat H. When we originally booked we were placed in the same Rome hotel (perfect) but now my brother has been switched to a higher class hotel (3 miles from ours). In order for us to be in the same hotel we'll have to opt out of Regents pre-cruise package and free hotel night meaning we'll have to private pay for transfers, hotel and a deviation fee. All amount to approximately $500 when you back out package and hotel night credit of $600. This is my husbands first trip to Europe and it took a lot for me to convince him to leave his comfort zone. He's very uncomfortable with not being under the Regents umbrella when it comes especially to the transfer from hotel to pier (2 hour ride).

We have no problem with paying for the difference between hotels but feel that Regents should help us by providing us with a Regents transfer or at least a discount from hotel to pier since they put us into this position by switching our hotels. I'm going to have my TA call Regents but would appreciate your thoughts on this situation before hand.

Maybe your brother doesn't want to be in the same hotel as you....lol

wow dave -- breath - obviously nothing on these cruises are free - this couple needs to do what makes them most comfortable - personaly being new to cruising in Europe, have the line take care of details is big - A long chat the the TA should take of details and make all feel better

ps- this is a Regent thread - would kindof expect to see positive concepts -- these are no inexpensive cruises and I want the good comments and expect few bad comments so I know what to really expect when I get there

When we booked our first Regent cruise (Istanbul to Monte Carlo) we were intimidated. We had never been to this part of the world. We had done river cruises from Paris to Nuremburg and Amsterdam to Budapest. We much appreciated being met at the Istanbul airport and taken to the Ritz Carlton and then on to the ship, it was reassuring. Do what feels right for you.

You probably made the right decision, if it kept you from Istanbul taxicabs. Cabbies in Istanbul make New York drivers look AMISH. :eek:

Archived