Where to hide the engagement ring?

bbishop1983

First and Foremost Congratulations!

I met my wife on the Holiday in 2008, I was living in Florida she was from PA. Needless to say it was a bit complicated!! In 2009 on the Fantasy I asked her to marry me, at the showcase of stars show!!

Took a transfer up north and married her this past July.

If anyone is going with you (like group or family member) they can carry it on for you, I would most deffinately have Guest Services hold it for you!

That way it is safe, no chance of it being found, or worse! Best of Luck to you and your soon to be bride!:)

Without a doubt, safety deposit box with guest services. Arrange with guest services manager to have it given to you prior to your chosen big moment! To get you in the mood, check out this incredible marriage proposal.. get the kleenex out girls :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F9WZgTgB9E&feature=share

Keep watching..its AWESOME!!!!

Think maybe Carnival show girls could come up with something similar? ON a smaller scale of course, but hey...this is FABulous!!!!

Congratulations on your forthcoming engagement!!!

My son in law asked for our daughters hand on a cruise. He proposed at the family table on formal night, three tiers of dining. My husband stood up at the end and shouted "she said YES"..will never forgot that applause from those 3000 people..it was just wonderful!!!

That was an amazing video!

Definitely in a secret place on you, your carrey on stuff and not in your luggage...what it somehow that gets messed up?..Then once on ship to purser's safety deposit box until you get it for dinner..or big moment...ah wonderful..and thanks for posting the flashmob proposal Blondie 008

wow..Sarah

I actually have a personal experience: I was proposed to in March of this year on the Paradise. My bf had never cruised before but he knew that I loved cruising, so he wanted to propose to me while on the trip. (We traveled with friends, but having them carry the ring never crossed his mind, I guess).

On Sunday, March 27 (cruise departs March 28) I am packing our bags. Yes, his too. He had no idea what he would need. (At least that is what he told me at the time). So, we end up with one suitcase and two duffel bags. Later that evening, I laid down to sleep before getting up at an obnoxious hour to drive to the airport. He tells me that he is going to stay up and wake me when it is time, so I do not oversleep.

At around 3 AM he wakes me and we load the car (with the bags that I packed). Then we head off to the airport. We get there and we do not check any luggage. (I have had luggage lost before, but not this time!!!). The whole time he is nauseous and not feeling well. (I guess security makes you feel that way when you are HIDING something!!! :eek:).

We arrive to the port and check in. Once onboard, he lingers in the room after I leave, but I didn't think anything of it after he had felt so sick. He later joins me and we enjoy our cruise.

Until the 3rd day. He asked me if I wanted to go star dazing that evening. After I said yes, then he told me he would return shortly. I offered to go with him, but after a quick NO! I decided to head up to the deck alone.

He later comes up to meet me and get our friends. Then, one of my friends asked me for my camera because she wants to take pictures of us. Then he just pulls out the ring and proposed!!! I was shocked. Of course I said yes. Now, just thinking of it, I remember how much he loves me and I cannot wait until our wedding onboard a CARNIVAL cruise ship!!!

Here is his side of the story:

Let Amber (me) pack the bags. That way she doesn't question what is in them.

Wait until she goes to bed and sneak the ring under layers of clothes in one of the duffel bags. (The one William insists to carry the whole time and the one that does not contain any paperwork, ie tickets, passports, etc)

Whatever you do, do not put ring in pocket...Airport Security remember?

While he lingers in room on first day...plan the hiding place. He chose behind the lamp in the corner of the room. Fantasy class ships have that lamp under the TV. I never looked there.

The night of the proposal, he insisted to go to the room by himself to get the camera, and of course, the ring.

I actually have a personal experience: I was proposed to in March of this year on the Paradise. My bf had never cruised before but he knew that I loved cruising, so he wanted to propose to me while on the trip. (We traveled with friends, but having them carry the ring never crossed his mind, I guess).

On Sunday, March 27 (cruise departs March 28) I am packing our bags. Yes, his too. He had no idea what he would need. (At least that is what he told me at the time). So, we end up with one suitcase and two duffel bags. Later that evening, I laid down to sleep before getting up at an obnoxious hour to drive to the airport. He tells me that he is going to stay up and wake me when it is time, so I do not oversleep.

At around 3 AM he wakes me and we load the car (with the bags that I packed). Then we head off to the airport. We get there and we do not check any luggage. (I have had luggage lost before, but not this time!!!). The whole time he is nauseous and not feeling well. (I guess security makes you feel that way when you are HIDING something!!! :eek:).

We arrive to the port and check in. Once onboard, he lingers in the room after I leave, but I didn't think anything of it after he had felt so sick. He later joins me and we enjoy our cruise.

Until the 3rd day. He asked me if I wanted to go star dazing that evening. After I said yes, then he told me he would return shortly. I offered to go with him, but after a quick NO! I decided to head up to the deck alone.

He later comes up to meet me and get our friends. Then, one of my friends asked me for my camera because she wants to take pictures of us. Then he just pulls out the ring and proposed!!! I was shocked. Of course I said yes. Now, just thinking of it, I remember how much he loves me and I cannot wait until our wedding onboard a CARNIVAL cruise ship!!!

Here is his side of the story:

Let Amber (me) pack the bags. That way she doesn't question what is in them.

Wait until she goes to bed and sneak the ring under layers of clothes in one of the duffel bags. (The one William insists to carry the whole time and the one that does not contain any paperwork, ie tickets, passports, etc)

Whatever you do, do not put ring in pocket...Airport Security remember?

While he lingers in room on first day...plan the hiding place. He chose behind the lamp in the corner of the room. Fantasy class ships have that lamp under the TV. I never looked there.

The night of the proposal, he insisted to go to the room by himself to get the camera, and of course, the ring.

Great story. I had not even thought if the airport security. Thanks for the heads up.

Bring a pair of socks you never wear (so that you won't unravel them by mistake and have the ring go flying). Hide it inside the pair.

I second this idea:D Good luck!

LOL, I thought of socks as well!! :D I was thinking I'd be the only one, good to see and know that I'm not!! :D

I def second the customer service safe, if not I think the socks would do! My husband proposed to me on our first cruise, the couple we were with were in on it. I usually catch on to sneakiness but he had me totally suprised!

Ours was the third night, right before our late night dining, when we were taking some formal pics. We took two or three shots with the photographer then he bent down, getting on his knee and what do I say? "did you really have to tie your shoe right now?!" After what seemed like an eternity, but was really 5 seconds or so, and a look from him of "pay attention" I caught on! The photographer was in on it too so there's some pretty priceless expressions on my face! I bought them all of course!!

Best of luck!

If the other suggestions don't work for you, you could always wear it on one of your toes! But no sandals for 4 days!....and a tad bit of ewww'ness...haha

Archived