Luggage tag on 12 pk of soda

flasaltwater

Oh ok not sure ive heard it called that before. How do people usually carry it on should we get a small cooler? We have a duffle bag that pulls like a suit case will thay let us bring that as a carry on?

We use a rolling back pack with a small soft sided cooler in there with it. Gives extra space for souvineers on the way home.

Your rolling duffle should be fine. The fact that you'll have drinks in it, they'll more than likely pull you to the side anyways and visually check/shake all the cans/bottles to ensure you haven't drained them and replaced with booze. They are really cracking down on that lately.

For the record, I've always referred to them as soft drinks. :)

What do the porters have to do with it? I don't think they are checking for items that are not alowed. What would they be doing looking in your luggage anyway. If I find them looking in my bag, there would be trouble.

Porters just do their job, loading the cages.

They probably wouldn't say anything about pop in a bag. Most likely though they will say they aren't allowed to take a case with a bag tag on it and instruct you to take it with you.

Just saying breaking the rules, sometimes you can get away with it, but if you want to break them also be prepared it could get confiscated.

Some porters when you hand them a couple of ones wouldnt say anything, some will. Then people come back to CC whining .. they took my drinks that were legal I put in my checked luggage...boo hoo hoo. just dont cry if you are the one caught.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating breaking any rules here. I just stated that since my first cruise I have always done this and I have always had the cooler delivered to my room. I'm leaving on Sunday and I'll follow my tried and true method once again. If by some chance my 12 pack and 6 waters don't make it to my room I'll chalk it up as a $7 loss and just buy one less cocktail on the cruise. No whining from me. I'd attempt to try the carry on method but I'm recently in a wheel chair and it's hard enough just to get my self on the ship with only a bottle of champagne.

Has anyone tried checking a bag of sodas or waters and had it confiscated?

You'd think the worst thing that could happen is they'd call you to the naughty room and you'd have to carry the sodas up from their. If that happened to me, I'd just play dumb and apologize.

It's hard to imagine they'd just toss the bag in the trash. Most people probably don't even know the rules... lots of first time and very occasional vacationers on Carnival.

Archived