Luggage tag on 12 pk of soda

flasaltwater

We sail tomorrow and I bought 2 12 pks for me and my husband will be buying a soda sticker for son. Is it possible to put luggage tags on soda and they can take it straight to our cabin?

TIA

No, they will not bring it to your cabin...you have to cary it with you.

Oh ok not sure ive heard it called that before. How do people usually carry it on should we get a small cooler? We have a duffle bag that pulls like a suit case will thay let us bring that as a carry on?

As long as you have it with you as in CARRY ON.. you will be fine...;) Your luggage has to fit thru the machines... if you can carry them or put them in a back pack would be better.. if the bag is too big...

Oh ok not sure ive heard it called that before. How do people usually carry it on should we get a small cooler? We have a duffle bag that pulls like a suit case will thay let us bring that as a carry on?

coolers cannot be larger than 12 x 12 x 12, so they discourage those too.

dont you have a extra carry on size to put them in and wheel them on.

coolers cannot be larger than 12 x 12 x 12, so they discourage those too.

dont you have a extra carry on size to put them in and wheel them on.

We have a duffle bag thats on rollers its not huge my son used it for summer camp.

Ill look at it at home, im not sure if it will fit though the machine.

I'm not sure exactly what the Carnival policy is now. But as recently as July I put about 18 drinks in a 1x1x1 soft side cooler bag with no ice. I slapped a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my room. I have always done this since my first cruise and it has never failed. Just saying......

Is this carrying it on something new? In 2010 I put all the drinks in a duffle bag and slapped a luggage tag on it and they brought it to the room. Wish it would still work that way.

New policy from the Carnival site

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

I think the carry on size is something like 12 inches wide and ____inches tall, and it doesn't matter how long it is. Does someone have the exact measurements?

If soda (BTW, I call it all "Coke":p) were checked, there is a good chance it would receive some rough handling and explode before making it to your room. That happened to me once with checked soda on Princess. Doubt the Princess luggage handlers are rougher than Carnival luggage handlers.

I'm not sure exactly what the Carnival policy is now. But as recently as July I put about 18 drinks in a 1x1x1 soft side cooler bag with no ice. I slapped a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my room. I have always done this since my first cruise and it has never failed. Just saying......

Just saying breaking the rules, sometimes you can get away with it, but if you want to break them also be prepared it could get confiscated.

Some porters when you hand them a couple of ones wouldnt say anything, some will. Then people come back to CC whining .. they took my drinks that were legal I put in my checked luggage...boo hoo hoo. just dont cry if you are the one caught.

just got off the Dream. My locked suitcase got pulled and I had to go to security to pick it up. According the the officer it was pulled because of the contents (didnt say what). It was a medium sized rolling suitcase with 18 waters, 8 sundrops and 8 cherry sundrops (redneck got to have his sundrops :D). plus two sets of snorkle gear. The officer allowed me to talk all of it with me. I think they thought it was something other than water. he slapped the bottom of several water bottles and sent me on my way. :rolleyes:

New policy from the Carnival site

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Not new. Been this way for quite some time.

OP: You can try to put it in the 12x12x12 cooler you were talking about with a luggage tag on it and hope for the best. Honestly for me? I wouldn't' chance it and would just put it in my carry-on... it's only for a little while and that way you make sure you have it there.

JMHO --- Enjoy your cruise!

Not new. Been this way for quite some time.

OP: You can try to put it in the 12x12x12 cooler you were talking about with a luggage tag on it and hope for the best. Honestly for me? I wouldn't' chance it and would just put it in my carry-on... it's only for a little while and that way you make sure you have it there.

JMHO --- Enjoy your cruise!

Actually this policy is rather new, the part about the 12 drinks being 20 oz or less.

Up until recently it just said 12 nonalchoholic drinks in your carry on only, no size mentioned.

We have a back pack we got just for cruises, it was about 10 bucks at Walmart, we got it in Long Beach to carry on water and soda a few years ago, it works great for carry ons, then to the beach on port days, they to bring extra things home. and if not needed for the trip home, it folds up and fits in the suit case to help keep things from moving around.

You got lucky.

Just saying breaking the rules, sometimes you can get away with it, but if you want to break them also be prepared it could get confiscated.

Some porters when you hand them a couple of ones wouldnt say anything, some will. Then people come back to CC whining .. they took my drinks that were legal I put in my checked luggage...boo hoo hoo. just dont cry if you are the one caught.

What do the porters have to do with it? I don't think they are checking for items that are not alowed. What would they be doing looking in your luggage anyway. If I find them looking in my bag, there would be trouble.

Porters just do their job, loading the cages.

We seen people with the 12 pk just carry it ...no bag no, cooler

So laughing about soda or pop. I'm from Ohio where it is pop,now in the Chicago area,it is pop or soda. Depends on what part of country.

I have carried water and pop on and bought soda cards. Don't know if I will bother with bringing on next time and/or card or what. It is a pain to bring on but also a pain to keep running to a bar to get pop.

What a dilemna???

Archived