Adventure of the seas 7/24

Sailing on the AOS with husband who is celebrating his 50th, and daughter 19 and son 16. I would like to extend our stay in Puerto Rico. Did anyone have any good experiences with hotels in the San Juan area? Anyone try Hotwire or any sites for hotels? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maureen

Maureen, we like the Intercontinental. Prices are lower during the summer months, and it is a very nice property. We book directly through their website

to get the best pricing. We will be staying there prior to our cruise in July.

some people like the hampton inn.....i did not stay there but they were nice enough to let me do a load of laundry!

Also, the Embassy Suites seems popular.

We had several issues at various hotels....BUT, we liked the Wyndham Condado Plaza......they were nice, gave us a decent rate and the place was in pretty good shape.

The Ritz Carlton's staff was the nicest anywhere in SJ, BUT they were renovating and the place needed some cosmetic improvements (this was in Oct 04). If money is not an object or you have marriott points (like I did) then it may be worth a look.....

I stayed at the Intercontinental and was very happy with it. I also booked through there web site and got a very good deal.

I have the Intercontinental booked for January 2006 and booked through their website as well......I didn't think my rate was good at all :( $259.00 a night! Could this be because we are staying there during the winter months?

I know people who stayed at the Intercontinental also and raved about it. We stayed at the Caribe Hilton. The rooms that were "garden view" were old and in need of some work. We also stayed in a ocean view room post cruise and it was wonderful. Count on very high costs for food here.

Archived