Princess Diamond Talent Show

JudyO

Going June 7 Alaska,. I have been hearing they have talent shows on board. does any one know any thing about them. Do they have a CD player for music, etc...I'm talking about for adults, not the kids, Have been checking and just been able to find out about some in the kids programs. Are they really professional or just fun stuff...

For the most part, adult talent shows are not very good.. Acts on one of my recent cruises included a couple showing off karate moves, another giving a 15 minute speech on all of the cruises she was on and another trying to tell jokes. It made for a long night..

For the most part, adult talent shows are not very good.. Acts on one of my recent cruises included a couple showing off karate moves, another giving a 15 minute speech on all of the cruises she was on and another trying to tell jokes. It made for a long night..

Wow, thanks for telling me. I guess I sure don't want me to be in the talent show if if is like that. I didn't want to know if I should bring what I would use for my talent....

For the most part, the passenger talent show has been replaced by Karaoke that is offered several nights during each cruise. It's actually quite entertaining, and some passengers are often more talented than the professionals on the ship.

Princess has taken Karaoke one step further with its own Princess Idol competition. Winners from previous evenings of Karaoke become finalists on the last night of the cruise when the Princess Idol is selected by the audience. DH and I enjoyed this and made a point of seeing it each evening that it was offered.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

We have noticed that the talent show is not making it's usual last cruise day appearance. For the most part this is a good thing although we have seen some good acts. This may still be a ship peculiar event (cruise director variable).

For the most part, adult talent shows are not very good.. .

cruzinchris is right--the Princess Idol competition is how they do it now. Some were good, some not so good...and a few were very good! It was great fun to watch.

Thank you all very much. Guess I won't be bringing my Washboard with me. I play with Dixieland and Dance bands.....I was only on one cruise in '96, and even before that I had heard about the talent shows. Guess that has been quite awhile ago. I thought it would be a fun thing in case they had about 25 singers...and maybe a tap dancer or baton twirler... LOL

Archived