Thank You MSC!

Marley-Bop

Just managed to log into my web booking for the first time and found out the the "upgrade fairy" has paid us a visit!

We booked inside gty cabins at a bargain price and have been upgraded to balcony cabins onboard MSC Splendida 8th January. So happy right now and really looking forward to our first MSC cruise :D

Just managed to log into my web booking for the first time and found out the the "upgrade fairy" has paid us a visit!

We booked inside gty cabins at a bargain price and have been upgraded to balcony cabins onboard MSC Splendida 8th January. So happy right now and really looking forward to our first MSC cruise :D

Congratulations, that's quite an upgrade! No wonder you're chuffed to bits. Hope you have a great time. At least you'll be escaping the delights of the UK winter!

Nice for YOU>>> but...NOT nice for people who booked months and months in advance

due to the clueless MSC peeps, they have no systematic way to upgrade or "upsell"

so yeah, as I have said before...you can book an MSC cruise dirt cheap at the last minute

they undercut groups/agents...they cause hard feelings in a group cruise when someone who books last minute gets a balcony and someone who booked 7 months before is stuck in the inside they paid for

the clueless reps at MSC fail to realize that people talk when they are in a group...we had to try to change assignments, get upgrades for those who were not "lucky" and hope for the best

Customer service, computer/website and computerized statements/credits/refunds etc...are beyond horrible

Either way be prepared for a lovely ship and truly mediocre lukewarm food

Hope you don't need to visit the customer (dis) service desk...be prepared to wait and get no help

Nice for YOU>>> but...NOT nice for people who booked months and months in advance

due to the clueless MSC peeps, they have no systematic way to upgrade or "upsell"

so yeah, as I have said before...you can book an MSC cruise dirt cheap at the last minute

they undercut groups/agents...they cause hard feelings in a group cruise when someone who books last minute gets a balcony and someone who booked 7 months before is stuck in the inside they paid for

the clueless reps at MSC fail to realize that people talk when they are in a group...we had to try to change assignments, get upgrades for those who were not "lucky" and hope for the best

Customer service, computer/website and computerized statements/credits/refunds etc...are beyond horrible

Hope you don't need to visit the customer (dis) service desk...be prepared to wait and get no help

My Gosh! don't you have ANYTHING else to do, we got it already!

I really liked the food...so what you do not like doesn't mean others won't.

As to last minute booking, that happens on ALL cruise lines. My friend booked an NCL cruise 9 months ago. Her friend just booked the same date in a balcony for the price she paid for an inside.

I had a bad experience on Carnival, but you don't see me bashing on those boards. I moved on and just don't cruise Carnival unless it is an unbeliveable deal.

Congratulations!!! We had exactly the same upgrade on our first MSC cruise last year....

The price was ridiculously cheap, and we booked a 10-day B2B.

Our expectations weren't high, as the price was so low....the upgrade was the first great surprise... the cruise was the second!

It was a fantastic ship, (The Poesia) the food, entertainment, staff were all wonerful.... It turned out to be our best-ever cruise.

We've sailed CCL, RCCL, NCL, Celebrity...MSC is now our favourite line.

Enjoy your great upgrade, and have an awesome cruise!!!!:)

Upgrades are totally random on any cruise line, a few get fantastic free upgrades, most don't!.... Sorry you didn't get one....seems like it wouldn't have made any difference to your attitude to your cruise!

BTW.... our food was great, and always hot.....and the customer service staff were wonderful!!

Share cruisers......you clearly don't travel enough to be classified as a group operator. Firstly they booked a GYT cabin and everyone knows that that is the best way to get an upgrade because MSC continues to sell the cabins. I perceive it as a reward for taking a chance. Secondly, are airline peeps also incompetent? Upgrades are done there also and everyone knows that a single passenger ( in this case cabin) is more likely to be upguraded to business class than a large group. As for the booking last minute vs booking in advance is a common problem on all cruise lines and I do believe there is a thread to this extent.

For your information.....I booked this in July!

A person on my cruise thought I was "negative" but then they came back and said how awful the cruise was

the only reason I am back on these boards is cause MSC incompetants messed up the (small) refunds due to two people who had to cancel at the last mintue

their "accounting" dept totally screwed this up, refunded the wrong person, wrong amount...just a mess

meanwhile I get several emails a week from MSC price drops, they are selling their cruises dirt cheap

A person on my cruise thought I was "negative" but then they came back and said how awful the cruise was

the only reason I am back on these boards is cause MSC incompetants messed up the (small) refunds due to two people who had to cancel at the last mintue

their "accounting" dept totally screwed this up, refunded the wrong person, wrong amount...just a mess

meanwhile I get several emails a week from MSC price drops, they are selling their cruises dirt cheap

I just hope you are not going on MSC again:rolleyes:

Very interesting that so many Balcony cabins are going unsold that those that have booked inside are getting free upgrades.

Wonder why that is?

I'm sure all have gotten a great deal!:D

Guess who's back, with his constructive comments!:rolleyes:

Sharecruises is far from a cool cruiser. Could you imagine being placed at the same dining table with Sharecruises? Debbie Downer.

Sharecruises, perhaps your horrible customer service was the way you started the complaint, I would have hung up on you. You are a negative person and have no clue how to book a group. get over it. We all get it. You're crazy!

Sharecruises is far from a cool cruiser. Could you imagine being placed at the same dining table with Sharecruises? Debbie Downer.

Sharecruises, perhaps your horrible customer service was the way you started the complaint, I would have hung up on you. You are a negative person and have no clue how to book a group. get over it. We all get it. You're crazy!

Wow....I never resort to personal attacks

you must work for MSC

FYI : I didn't "approach" the customer service who totally mishandled the refunds due to 2 cruisers....they did...and they got royally messed around by the stupidity of MSC staff

Wow....I never resort to personal attacks

you must work for MSC

FYI : I didn't "approach" the customer service who totally mishandled the refunds due to 2 cruisers....they did...and they got royally messed around by the stupidity of MSC staff

All the MSC cheerleaders have left is personal attacks, the facts don't support their position.

Hi Marley-Bop,

Well done with your up grade. We have been lucky with 3 0f our 14 cruises getting an upgrade. The last one we did not know about until we booked in at the NCL ship getting a courtyard villa from a standered Balcony Cabin. We always book the cabin we want at the price we want to pay so if an up grade comes thats great if not, so what. Also I do not mind if the prices change after we have booked as I said before we paid what we wanted to for the cabin we wanted.

See you on board the Splendida which we board on the 7th Jan.

Archived