Urgent Message for those traveling to Long Beach or San Pedro Freeway Closure

Immebsmom

The 60 freeway East and West bound between the 605 and 710 is closed. While most folks going to San Pedro or Long Beach will not take this freeway, it's closure is having a heavy impact to the 210, 10 and 91 freeways as they are the alternate East and West routes. Please plan accordingly for extra travel time. Currently the freeway will be closed through the weekend at a minimum and possibly into next week. During the weekend the traffic will be worse, than normal, but during the week, expect major grid lock and much longer commute times.

This was caused by a tanker fire that destroyed the freeway and possibly the overpass it was under. They know the freeway has to be demolished and destroyed, and they are still inspecting the overpass to determine it's fate.

I am on the Golden next week, but am trying to let all those who are going out of the port in the few days know about the freeway mess.

Plan accordingly and safe travels to all!!

Laura

But crap, crap crappity crap!! I'm coming up frim San Diego early Sat. am to do the 2 day Inspiration cruise. If I take the toll road off the 5N and hit 405 will that be ok? We are going out of Long Beach will any of that traffic affect that port?

You should be fine on the 405. I'm coming from PHX so I was going 10 to 60 and jump on the 91 to the 605 to 405. Or I might just take the 57 from the 60 and head over to the 405 and go down from there to the port of long beach

Archived