Brussels Question

cruisingrus

Can't help with hotels.

But the weather in late October is ..... errrr, unreliable at best.

A tendancy to chilly, wet, grey. But unreliable, so might be clear blue skies, which means cold nights & mebbe overnite frosts. It's also just afeter the clocks go forward an hour so expect dark around 5pm.

Coming from Florida you'll not be impressed.

Not the time of year I'd choose for north-east europe, though some of us are lumbered with it every year & if it fits in with your travel plans, then so be it. Expect poor weather, and who knows, it just might be better.

JB :)

I've been there in late October. The weather was drizzly and cold enough for a sweater, jeans and leather coat, not much colder. They really get into Halloween there, it was quite fun. Go to tripadvisor dot com for hotel ideals. We stayed with relatives. You'll enjoy the great waffles there.:)

Thanks John Will change our plans for May. You helped me last August when we stayed overnight in Southampton for a cruise from that port. You know your stuff.

Oooooeeeer ;)

Do bear in mind this is generalisations. Prospects are way way better in May ............. but no guarantees.

Murphy's Law :D

Have a good one

JB :)

When on business I have always stayed at the Novotel Tour Noire, which is sort of central, not far from the Grand Place, Mannekin Pis etc, and has always proved to be perfectly adequate even for more than 3 or 4 nights. Easy access to metro lines as well.

Can highly recommend the Restaurant Spinnekopke which is a 10-15 minute walk from there at the junction of Rue des Charteux/Bloemenhofplein/Fabrieksstraat.

Many other bars and restaurants in the area as well.

Have been to Brussels many times and it has always rained on at least one day - although I wouldnt read anything into that as it always, without fail, rains in Barcelona when I am there as well regardless of time of year.

Archived