Elevator Ringing in SS6131

sueal

I've been so excited to have this suite. However I'm now finding out that we might be too close to the noise from the elevator. Is this true? Thanks for the all information that we've gotten from this board.

sueal -

We just stayed in SS6132 on the Summit - it is the starboard twin to SS6131. In the 10 days of the cruise, we <font color=red>NEVER</font> heard any noise from the elevators - or even stairway traffic for that matter. That portion of Deck 6 is the end of the Sky Suites and beginning of the Royal Suites, so occupancy is lower than the rest of the deck. We found that most folks from upper floors take the elevator straight to Deck 5 (upper restaurant entrance and Martini/Champagne bars) or Deck 4 (lower restaurant entrance and lounge) and don't use the staircase or stop at Deck 6.

Enjoy - you're going to <font color=red>love</font> Sky Suite 6131!

Mike

<marquee>12/2000 HAL Ryndam....12/2002 HAL Statendam....04/2003 HAL Zuiderdam....<font color=red>04/2004 Celebrity Summit....12/2004 Celebrity Infinity....</font><font color=green>11/2005 HAL Veendam</font></marquee>

Sueal, glad you started another post on this subject because I was a little worried too. icon_eek.gif Were in SS6131 next year on the May 1 - 16th Transcanel trip. They just dropped the redflag and added another night and now wwill be docking in San Francisco insead of San Diego. I too was worried about the noise level/proximity to the elevators but it sounds good so far from previous guests. icon_biggrin.gif

cruiser dan

Wow...You had me jumping for the Deck Plans...

We're in 6122--with the kids in 6124...

I just checked and we're halfway between the elevators...

Then it occurred to me...This past August we were on the Millie--and right next to the midship elevators...and never heard a thing!!!

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Hey Cruizin Dan,

Take care of SS6131 next year. We're in that cabin right after you, sailing out of San Francisco to Alaska.

Sueal, can't wait to read your review. We want pictures!

Carol

Hi Dan,

We tried to book an Alaska cruise when we were cruising on the Zenith in early March of this year, but the Alaska itinerary for 2005 wasn't out, yet. The future cruise person gave us a voucher for the onboard credit for booking another cruise while on the Zenith and told us to watch the Celebrity website for the intinerary to come out and book as soon as possible after that. So, I checked everyday and as soon as it came out, I notified my TA and got the cabin we wanted and sent her the voucher for the $200 onboard credit. We booked on April 19th, and then we started to hear on this board about all the changes that were being done with the Infinity. I just hope they don't change this itinerary because we really want to cruise out of San Francisco and we want to leave and return from the same port.

Last year we had a Panama Canal cruise cancelled and we ended up booking the Zenith out of Jacksonville which worked out really well. But we are really looking forward to Alaska and seeing San Francisco again. We lived there in the 80's and haven't been back since and we're really eager to reminisce a little. We're booked far enough ahead that if something does change, we can book another cruise, but we really have our heart set on this itinerary.

Carol

We sailed on the Infinity Suite 6132 in December and will be on the Infinity once again on May 10 sailing to Hawaii from Ensenada in Suite 6126.

Put the noise issue out of your mind and enjoy the larger balcony in 6132 or 6131. As said earlier there is less foot traffic in the Suite area and the elevators are quite.

Craig

Same from here. We have had cabins next to the elevators and never heard a sound. Of course we are usually amoung the last ones into the cabin at night but also didn't have a problem with noise in the morning.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Archived