FV Guarantee

nattie

I am considering booking FV cabin for my family, but so far the only way I can find them is GTY. I went as far as calling Celebrity and a consultant told me that I'll have to pay for 5 people to book this category.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Another consultant told me that if I book guarantee and no FV is available, my party will be moved to another balcony cabin. Normally, if you book a guarantee of a category they can only move you up, not down. Is this not the case on Celebrity?

So my question is, if I get a GTY FV cabin, will I get an FV or suite? Or will I get something else entirely?

I am considering booking FV cabin for my family, but so far the only way I can find them is GTY. I went as far as calling Celebrity and a consultant told me that I'll have to pay for 5 people to book this category.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Another consultant told me that if I book guarantee and no FV is available, my party will be moved to another balcony cabin. Normally, if you book a guarantee of a category they can only move you up, not down. Is this not the case on Celebrity?

So my question is, if I get a GTY FV cabin, will I get an FV or suite? Or will I get something else entirely?

I booked an FV Guarantee on line and 2 days later it showed up what the cabin was and it was an FV. I didn't like the location so I cancelled and rebooked the guarantee to see if I could get a corner aft and again the same cabin was assigned. Anyway, what I am saying is you will probably see what the cabin is and if it is not past final payment you can cancel it if you don't like what you get.

If there are no FV available and you booked the guarantee then the next class up is concierge not suite. If it is offered on line you won't have to pay for 5 people. Do a dummy booking and see what happens.

It is ridiculous- in 2008, the only category higher than FV was suite. Now they put CC (and I think AQ) above it. Who would want to be upgraded to a much smaller cabin with smaller veranda?

As a result I would never book a FV GTY anymore unless I got my assignment prior to final payment so I could switch to a different cabin if necessary.

Archived