Deck BBQ - Maasdam - 11 day cruise

Cate M.

It seems to me it was our last sea day....just off the ship on the 23rd and will look through the information, i find the new format (new to me) of the Explorer hard to use...maybe just more comfortable with the old one.

We've never eaten at the barbeque as we much prefer MDR or Pinnacle but DH went to 'sightsee' and I think he said they had steaks, salmon, chicken, all sorts of salads, corn on the cob and whatever else. Sounds like quite a lot of choices.

For the last few years there used to be a BBQ the first night of the cruise for all ships sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.

Now I am not certain when it is on 7 day cruises -- but on our recent 10 day and 11 day Noordam cruises there wasn't a BBQ the first night. Instead it was held midway through the cruise.

The BBQ was held at the Seaview Pool and then at 9 there was the Lido Pool Party with lots of music and desserts.

Can anyone who was on the recent sailing of the Maasdam tell me what night they had the evening deck bbq?:cool:

Cate M.

We were on an eleven night cruise on the Maasdam in March. According to the copies of the Explorer that we saved, embarkation was Monday, March 28. That night was a BBQ dinner by the Lido pool. Saturday April 2 was a Caribbean steak dinner (I don't remember if that was served by the pool). Tuesday April 5, after we sailed from St. Maarten, there was a Caribbean bbq by the Lido pool.

Archived