NCL Dawn 12510 SJ - A few pictures

my_crib_too

We just upgraded to SJ on the Star for the April TA to Copenhagen, as with all the perks it was actually cheaper. We choose 12018, has anyone else stayed in this one? Is it Quiet location? Also are the windows ok, no broken seals? Also in some pictures of the Dawns SJs there does not seem to be all the curtains in the center obstructing the view? Also does anyone know if the windows are being replaced with the current dry dock? Thanks in advance for your help!:):)

We stayed in 12018 on the Star in Sept. 2013. The windows were fine then, but it sounds like the seals are broken in many of the windows on that deck now. We are hoping the windows are replaced during dry dock as we are in 12018 again right after you on the Baltics cruise. The location was good. No noise from above and none of the foot traffic the SJ's near the library get. There was some noise across the hall when they were delivering and collecting the luggage, but you couldn't hear the noise when inside the room. The Dawn doesn't have the middle curtain in front of the windows. For the Star we took some cording material and tied it around the center curtains. Although I'm wondering if the curtains will be replaced during dry dock.

Have a great cruise.

All the suites on the Dawn have a scale....:eek:

We are booked in a SJ this coming November with my daughter and her best friend, hoping we have enough room for our clothes. My bf and I were in a SD this past January, but since there is no more smoking on the balconies, we opted for the SJ this cruise....I hope we dont regret it!!

One question: Did you bring that scale that was in the bathroom picture, or did they provide it for you??

Assuming you brought it: Why would someone ever bring a scale on a cruise?? ;) I know I'm going to eat a lot, I don't want to be reminded how much I ate!!

On the other hand, assuming they provide the scale: What?? Are they trying to get people to eat less?? Hey, if people know they're gaining 2 lbs per day, maybe they'll eat less, and NCL will save $$$ on food!!

The suites have the scales in them. I for one am very happy to have it. I've worked very hard to drop a great deal of weight and the scale helped to keep me on track with that. I haven't worked that hard to throw it all out the window on one cruise. But it wasn't much of a worry as it turned out, no matter how much I ate, I walked so much on the ship just to get around that I walked off all that I ate.

Thanks, for all the info HerdingdogMom, That would be nice if they replaced drapes to the ones on the Dawn and the windows. That's funny you will be in same cabin right after us. I noticed you are from Bay Area, I grew up in the Bay Area, Livermore and Concord, Small World.

All the suites on the Dawn have a scale....:eek:

We are booked in a SJ this coming November with my daughter and her best friend, hoping we have enough room for our clothes. My bf and I were in a SD this past January, but since there is no more smoking on the balconies, we opted for the SJ this cruise....I hope we dont regret it!!

The SJ suites on the Dawn have lots of closet space with a walk in closet. I'm sure you will have plenty of space for your clothes. We had more closet space in the SJ than we had in the Deluxe Owners Suite.