NCL Dawn 12510 SJ - A few pictures

my_crib_too

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do you know if the murphy bed and the sofa sleeper are comfortable? We book an SJ and will have 4 adults. Thanks

Since it was just the two of us we had no need to sleep on the sofa sleeper or the Murphy bed either one, so no idea how comfortable they might be.

It was our favorite cabin ever! The Dawn is not the most exciting ship for younger people so our "kids" aren't interested in sailing on her again, but we would do it just for this cabin! It was awesome!

I think it also depends on the crew at any given time. Our first cruise on the Dawn when we were in 12516 the crew was amazing and we had such a blast. Back on the Dawn a year later and in a deluxe owners suite, they had an all new crew and they were BORING!!!!!!!! If they were that boring for us "old timers" I can only imagine what it would be like for the younger crowd. However the 25 year old with us did have a great time, she won almost $500 playing Deal or No Deal!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi --

We have 12006 booked on the Dawn for an upcoming cruise. I wondered if someone could tell me if there is any obstruction from the picture windows? We had the port side end SJ suite last fall and we had a search light/scaffold which pretty much blocked the last window's view. It was adjacent to the sofa.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much for your post on another thread suggesting I switch SJ cabins so we won't be under the jogging track on the Star. I read your post before all the not on topic posts were deleted.

I have read so much about re-booking on here, I was thinking that any change leads to a re-booking. But once I saw your post, I realized the room could probably be changed without affecting the rate or OBC's. My travel agent made the change and we are all set now.

This will be our 3rd SJ suite. Your pictures from the Dawn got us hooked on our first SJ in 2012.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Glad I could help, thought that's why we were all here. People who cruise helping others that cruise.

SJ on the Star and Dawn are one of the best values on NCL. Great deck location and lots of room.

Thank you for posting your note. Your kind comments made me feel good. :D

Glad I could help, thought that's why we were all here. People who cruise helping others that cruise.

SJ on the Star and Dawn are one of the best values on NCL. Great deck location and lots of room.

Thank you for posting your note. Your kind comments made me feel good. :D

I'm so glad you saw this post. The big brother rules of this site can be a bit daunting, but the detailed information can be invaluable. I really appreciate your suggestion. We now have the cabin that was our first choice for the cruise we booked over a year ago.

The rates on the SJ's have really jumped with the latest UDP, UBP, OBC promos. Those high ceilings and all that open space are terrific. The Star is going into dry dock on the west coast in March and I'm so looking forward to the updates. Thanks again! Beverly

Edited by herdingdogmom

• 2 weeks later...
My Crib - SF Cat Rm 9232 Aft Facing Penthouse - First time with a butler - What do we do ? Tip ? Any help please

Sorry that I am late to respond, just noticed the question.

We have always given a tip to the butler. $100-$200 depending on service and length of cruise. Although not required, we have also left the cabin steward something too ($20-$50) because when we have stayed in a suite, the cabin stewards really work hard to make your cruise vacation special. We are just two (wife and I). If we had kids or more adults staying in our cabin, my tip would be larger. In this area of the ship you get to see the condition of other suites when cleaning is being done. Some suites are crazy messy. We try to keep our clothes and other vacation stuff put away and our cabin neat. When the butler or cabin steward enters, the cabin is easy to clean. They are in and out in minutes. Other suites, it seems like cleaning is an un-ending task for the cabin steward.

They also give you a phone that I think you can carry around the ship for constant contact with your Butler. We have never used the phone and I'm not going to carry one around the ship either. I'm on vacation. If I used the phone and was calling my Butler often, I'd leave more of a tip too.

We have never left a tip for the concierge. We have never used the services of a concierge and in some cases, never met the person. I know that some members here don't agree with not tipping the concierge but I struggle in giving someone a tip that I've either never met or used their service.

I had a comment about the Aft Facing Penthouses too. Someday I would love to stay in an Aft Facing Penthouse but never do because of the older style bathrooms (Dawn and Star). The bathrooms in the family suites are really roomy. I just like them more. Maybe if we ever take a cruise on a newer boat in a suite, I'll have to book a Aft Facing Penthouse. :D

Have fun on your cruise. I would bet you enjoy your Penthouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that this thread is still active. I will be sailing in this cabin first week of March. Really went back and forth about doing this vs. our regular balcony room stay; however, your pictures made my decision easy. I have spent weeks showing them to everybody I know...look this is my exact room!! LOL Getting the drink package, dining, and onboard cash was really just the icing. Thanks again for such great pictures!

One question: Did you bring that scale that was in the bathroom picture, or did they provide it for you??

Assuming you brought it: Why would someone ever bring a scale on a cruise?? ;) I know I'm going to eat a lot, I don't want to be reminded how much I ate!!

On the other hand, assuming they provide the scale: What?? Are they trying to get people to eat less?? Hey, if people know they're gaining 2 lbs per day, maybe they'll eat less, and NCL will save $$$ on food!!

I just noticed that this thread is still active. I will be sailing in this cabin first week of March. Really went back and forth about doing this vs. our regular balcony room stay; however, your pictures made my decision easy. I have spent weeks showing them to everybody I know...look this is my exact room!! LOL Getting the drink package, dining, and onboard cash was really just the icing. Thanks again for such great pictures!

Nolanoel, You are welcome. We really loved the room and you will,too

• 3 weeks later...

We just upgraded to SJ on the Star for the April TA to Copenhagen, as with all the perks it was actually cheaper. We choose 12018, has anyone else stayed in this one? Is it Quiet location? Also are the windows ok, no broken seals? Also in some pictures of the Dawns SJs there does not seem to be all the curtains in the center obstructing the view? Also does anyone know if the windows are being replaced with the current dry dock? Thanks in advance for your help!:):)