NCL Dawn 12510 SJ - A few pictures

my_crib_too

No trundle bed.

1 king

1 murhpy

1 fold out sofa

Plenty of open floor space with all 3 beds in use.

Thanks for the GREAT pictures! Can you tell me if there is a screen that opens between the king bed and the sofa bed? It appears to be - there seems to be a track on the floor in your photo.

thanks,

Karen

Thanks for the GREAT pictures! Can you tell me if there is a screen that opens between the king bed and the sofa bed? It appears to be - there seems to be a track on the floor in your photo.

thanks,

Karen

There is a partition that opens between the two. Just follow the track!:D

There is a partition that opens between the two. Just follow the track!:D

I remember you!! We sailed on the Star together in 9-09, didn't we?? The candy lady was there??? (Diane I think her name was.)

Thanks for the info on the partition between the bed and the sofa.

So, you and your wife will be on the Dawn next year? I am thinking of going to Bermuda again with my sister and her husband. They want to book this cabin and have me stay on the couch or the murphy bed, but it looks like the couch would offer more privacy ... we'll see. Not sure yet.

Karen

I remember you!! We sailed on the Star together in 9-09, didn't we?? The candy lady was there??? (Diane I think her name was.)

Thanks for the info on the partition between the bed and the sofa.

So, you and your wife will be on the Dawn next year? I am thinking of going to Bermuda again with my sister and her husband. They want to book this cabin and have me stay on the couch or the murphy bed, but it looks like the couch would offer more privacy ... we'll see. Not sure yet.

Karen

Guilty as charged!:D Great to hear from you again.

Originally thought about doing the Panama Canal but this itinerary came up and we always talked about doing a fall change of season cruise so........

You are able to create 3 separate living /sleeping areas. From what I recall there are curtains that divide the area by the murphy bed. I will look at my pics and see if I have something that will show it better. And not to forget about the suite perks.......

There are going to be 5 of us so we were considering one of these suites. Does anyone know if they remove the table and chairs to accommodate the Murphy bed? We can book 2 separate cabins for MUCH cheaper and gain a bathroom but would give up the suite perks. Not sure they are worth that much money.

There are going to be 5 of us so we were considering one of these suites. Does anyone know if they remove the table and chairs to accommodate the Murphy bed?

They're not removed, they're just pushed out of the way. One thing to note is that many who've cruised in category SJ have complained that the sofa bed is surprisingly uncomfortable. If you have 5 in that cabin, you may do best with 2 on the main bed, 2 on the murphy bed, and one on the unfolded sofabed.

We've chosen the SJ instead of a mini-suite (larger balcony cabin) because the price difference was small, and some of the suite perks are appealing to us (expanded room service, Cagney's breakfast/lunch).

However, as 2 adults traveling with 2 elementary school age children, an extra bathroom isn't really a necessity for us. In a pinch, there's a convenient and not heavily used public restroom just up the stairs on deck 13. If we were a group of 4 adults, I might feel differently.

Good luck with your decision!

They're not removed, they're just pushed out of the way. One thing to note is that many who've cruised in category SJ have complained that the sofa bed is surprisingly uncomfortable. If you have 5 in that cabin, you may do best with 2 on the main bed, 2 on the murphy bed, and one on the unfolded sofabed.

We've chosen the SJ instead of a mini-suite (larger balcony cabin) because the price difference was small, and some of the suite perks are appealing to us (expanded room service, Cagney's breakfast/lunch).

However, as 2 adults traveling with 2 elementary school age children, an extra bathroom isn't really a necessity for us. In a pinch, there's a convenient and not heavily used public restroom just up the stairs on deck 13. If we were a group of 4 adults, I might feel differently.

Good luck with your decision!

There is plenty of floor space if you bring your own blow up air mattress ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Very nice - we've stayed in the family suites on the Star and loved them. Crisol was our butler one time on the Star. Nice man.

These are laid out the same as the SJ's on the Star, just decorated a bit different. Still the same great suites!!

I've booked 12512 and didn't realize it was only a big window. How did you like that compared to a balcony? Was there a lot of sun streaming in?

We LOVED the big windows in the family suite. We didn't miss the balcony at all. If you want to go outside you are one floor away from the open deck on 13.

We've stayed in the same family suite on the Star two times and completely loved it. Can't say enough good things about it.

• 4 months later...
There is plenty of floor space if you bring your own blow up air mattress ....

Thank you for this info! I got a great deal on a family suite with Balcony on the Dawn next May to Bermuda and couldn't pass it up. There will be 6 of us in the room and I was concerned about the sleeping layout - but if the 2 kids sleep on an air mattress that will be perfect! Don't want to give up the perks of being in a suite if I don't have to! :o

• 6 months later...
My wife and I stayed in this room on a recent cruise and enjoyed this room near as much as an earlier DOS we stayed in. Thought I would post a few pictures.

NCL Dawn 12510 SJ

Thanks so much the pic's are great we are booked 7-05-13 next Friday are there more electrical outlets in these family suites?

Thank you for this info! I got a great deal on a family suite with Balcony on the Dawn next May to Bermuda and couldn't pass it up. There will be 6 of us in the room and I was concerned about the sleeping layout - but if the 2 kids sleep on an air mattress that will be perfect! Don't want to give up the perks of being in a suite if I don't have to! :o

Hi, how was your trip hope you had a great time, we are going 7-05-13 next week booked 12530 can't wait. Are there more outlets in these rooms?

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the great pics we have a family suite booked on the Dawn Feb of 2014. The pictures are great and I am really looking forward to our stay in one of these family suites

We went in Feb of this year and we loved this cabin! It was like being in a hotel room. It is our new favorite cabin for sure. And our butler, Jennifer, was fabulous. My husband doesn't care where the next cruise is going. He told me to just book a family suite.

We went in Feb of this year and we loved this cabin! It was like being in a hotel room. It is our new favorite cabin for sure. And our butler, Jennifer, was fabulous. My husband doesn't care where the next cruise is going. He told me to just book a family suite.

My husband has told me the same thing...he does not want to even talk to me about a cruise unless I confirm that we can afford at least the family suite! We are thinking of booking the Baltic Capitol cruise when available for 2015 or 2016 with 5 and I was wondering about the cabin layout. This is perfect! The girls can share the murphy bed, step-son on the couch and DH and I in the bed. We also do not want the balcony as I am not comfortable with a balcony and a 4 or 5 year old. I'd like her to be a bit older before having our own balcony.