Power failure QM2 11 December

cunardfanatic

Just come back to me on the 11 december when we were docked in Zeebrugge the power went out during breakfast service does anybody know what caused this power was restored quickly and not many passengers knew this had happened it coincided with a crew drill but surly they wouldn't shut off electrical power for the drill

Perhaps they were switching over from the ship's own generated power to dockside power? The plug-in retrofit was to be included in the November drydock.

No shore power in Zebrugge. It is possible they were doing an on load test of the emergency generator during the drill, that would knock all but the emergency lights off and send the lifts to the boat deck.

No shore power in Zebrugge. It is possible they were doing an on load test of the emergency generator during the drill, that would knock all but the emergency lights off and send the lifts to the boat deck.

that may explain it i do know the kitchen had to shut down at at least 20 minutes before power was restored and they could continue using the ovens thankfully it was breakfast and not lunch or dinner otherwise the back up of orders would of been chaotic

• 1 month later...
Just come back to me on the 11 december when we were docked in Zeebrugge the power went out during breakfast service does anybody know what caused this power was restored quickly and not many passengers knew this had happened it coincided with a crew drill but surly they wouldn't shut off electrical power for the drill

Hi Cunardfanatic. Just wondering if passengers on board were ever given any reason for the outage? Regards, S.

Hi Cunardfanatic. Just wondering if passengers on board were ever given any reason for the outage? Regards, S.

We wasn't this was due to the the fact that there were very few onboard but the staff did go that extra mile to help it was only for a very short time I was told by my grandmother as I was sleeping at the time but the failure did conencide with a crew emergency drill

Jay

Archived