Drink Prices or Happy Hour specials on Celebrity Silhouette

casschwag11

Hello,

I have never cruised before and am trying to decide whether or not it is worth it to buy a beverage package. My husband and I are in our late twenties and do enjoy to have a few drinks while on vacation. However, I have heard that certain bars offer 2 for 1 specials and that the MDR has free champagne at dinner. Do you know which bars on the Silhouette have these specials? If not, do you know around how expensive drinks are?

Alas there is no free Champagne at dinner in the MDR or any of the other restaurants. Sorry I don't know about the 2 for 1 drinks.

For us the drink packages are way overpriced- even for my husband who likes a cocktail or two and wine with dinner.

2 for 1 drinks were offered, but only a few times during our cruise on Silhouette. There is a "drink of the day" which is offered for $5. These include

Cosmopolitans, Martinis , Tequila Sunrise etc depending on the day. A normal cocktail is about $7. Beer is in the $5 range. You can buy a bucket of beer at the outside bars ( for the price of 5), or from room service. FYI... a gratuity is added to the chit you have to sign, so you don't have to add a tip unless

you want to acknowledge exceptional service.

Hope this helps. the only free champagne is upon arrival, at the introduction of the captain at the theater, and usually one other "special" event.

Hope this helps

You don't have to preorder any of those packages. You can buy into them on board and only pay for the remaining days. It is better to wait and then you can get a feel for what your drinks will cost.

When we sailed at the end of Nov there was a everyday special of 2 Heinekins for $7.00. There were also several nights and afternoons when they had happy hour on all drinks getting 2 for 1. We were told that it varies according to the bar manager and according to how sales are. It is not consistant from cruise to cruise.

There are many threads on evaluating the package and price of drinks. There is a search feature that helps to find them. There is also the first thread that is a stickey covering drinks and packages. I drink a fair amount and could never justify the package. Also keep in mind the port days. I usually drink enough in the ports to make up for the lighter drinking during the sea days.

We are not big drinkers ;but ,we do know that there are drink specials for the day that are advertised;) .

We sail as elite level with Celebrity & one of our perks is 2 hours of free cocktails daily:D(you can become elite in 10 cruise credits --see the Captains Club on the Celebrity web site for the different perks for each of 3 levels) .That suffices for our drink level for each day:p

Archived