mini bottles of alcohol

I travel extensively with work. I keep about four or five airplane size dewars scotch plastic bottles in my toiletry bag. That toiletry bag goes from my work suitcase to my cruise suitcases all the time (cruised 5 times in 2011) and I don't remove the mini booze bottles (I may never drink them but know they are there). So to answer your question, I have never been called down to the naughty room yet.

If you only plan on supplementing your bar tab, or aren't much of a drinker, I guess a few mini bottles are a solution. Since becoming Diamond, I never smuggle booze on board. But I highly recommend the rumrunners that are discussed on these boards for those that want to smuggle.

Depends on their mood. I've actually seen them take up mini liqueur bottles given out from a local distillery in Cartagena as you disembarked in the morning. I put mine in my pocket and got through the check fine. Those that had them in totes, purses, were out of luck.

The liqueur is good for cough medicine in a pinch.

Tucker in Texas

I assumed the OP meant bring on the ship via luggage. I wouldn't carry any liquid on board via carry on unless as you state its a body walk thru in pockets. Even then I've seen pat downs in certain ports.

Without even really being aware of what we were doing, we brought a 2L bottle of Sprite with us aboard Allure - we had bought it in Ft Lauderdale to consume at the hotel (we had 2 days pre-cruise) and it just ended up in a suitcase when we packed up cruise morning.

It was never touched..we drank it through the week whenever we wanted something fizzy in the room without having to go elsewhere to get it.

My point was this: When we mentioned this to friends (regular cruisers) they mentioned that this is a common way to (cough cough) bring larger quantities of booze aboard - Vodka in 7UP/Sprite bottles, Rum/Rye in Coke bottles, etc - left in checked luggage, and brought to your stateroom for you.

The quantity of luggage is so vast that I really don't think they're ripping bags apart to remove bottles of soda. ;)

We're not big drinkers and honestly had (and have) no interest in taking advantage of this method in the future, but just sayin.

Several times, we've taken a few small bottles of Bailey's and just stick them in a gallon bag with shampoo, conditioner, etc. It's never been detected.

But, last week on the Adventure, my husband had his cargo shorts pockets checked several times and they made me unzip the RC lanyard I had around my neck to look inside. They said it was bulky. :rolleyes: This was when we re-boarded the ship after spending time on each island.

Agreed, getting any liquor back on board from a port of call was proven time and time again to be impossible - we saw lots of people getting it removed from their bags - the Xray screeners know EXACTLY what they're looking at and will inspect anything that appears to be a liquid.

The only opportunity appeared to be the initial boarding, as I explained above.

well, we just got back from explorer and had bottles go through the scanner in st. kitts, st. maarten and antigua and only had it taken in st. kitts.

we have brought nip bottles on before with no problems and we just brought 3 rum runners through and of course did not drink any of it and brought it back home with us.

I hate how they take the bottles from you. I understand why they do from a liability and financial standpoint, but we have had them lose a bottle or two before. We have never opened a single bottle that we have brought through security. I just dislike trusting them to not lose or break the bottle, and having to wait until you get your bottles back to pack the last night.

Depends on their mood. I've actually seen them take up mini liqueur bottles given out from a local distillery in Cartagena as you disembarked in the morning. I put mine in my pocket and got through the check fine. Those that had them in totes, purses, were out of luck.

The liqueur is good for cough medicine in a pinch.

Tucker in Texas

We got those little tiny bottles in Cartegena, 3 of them, they came in tiny boxes. We carried them on the ship with no problem.

We've often brought several little bottles from home in luggage and in my purse or carry on. No problems. Often we've not used them and brought them home again.

I had a flask sized bottle of flavored rum we didn't finish in San Diego. My luggage ended up on the naughty room. When I showed them. They let me keep it saying it wasn't enough to take away.

They took my luggage to the naughty room for a bottle of balsamic vinegar another time - also in San Diego. of course I got to keep that but it was always some sort of naughty room inconvenience in San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, the table in the naughty room was filled with all sorts of liquor in various containers.

I've decided that I will sacrifice some of my valuable cruise time to guard the naughty room (from inside). Do I book that online, or can I just sign up at guest services?

We got those little tiny bottles in Cartegena, 3 of them, they came in tiny boxes. We carried them on the ship with no problem.

i've only seen them do this once in several trips to Cartagena. On several occasions, I have seen them direct people to the table to leave their bottles they have bought in port and seen the person just truck on by the table. I once did that with a bottle of wine I had bought to take home as a gift. While I didn't mind turning it in, I didn't want to go through the hassle of retrieving it as now they sometimes make you go to a certain place the morning of disembarkation to pick it up.

If you have bought multiple bottles, you can get by only turning one in. Another time, I graciously let someone in back of me with a clearly marked carton of rum in SJ go in front of me. They told him (and myself) to go to the table and turn in our stuff but they were busy at the table dealing with the person in front of me and I just keep on going.

Tucker in Texas

Archived