Did I goof with documents?

Commieri

I just spent hours on line filling out the precruise documents and printing up the lovely:( paper luggage tags for Feb 11 cruise on Grand. Somehow, I missed putting in my hubby's suffix ( he is a III as in Thurston Hollister,III) and since his passport includes the III, I am freaking a bit because there is no way for me to edit his name or suffix on the Cruise Personalizer. I can print the PDF and fill it out correctly but does anyone know if the trick to editing the immigration info on line? I will call Princess too tomorrow but people here are usually smarter.

BTW, I have to say spending hours plugging in all this and being sure you are doing it correctly is SO MUCH WORK... I do miss just getting the nice packet of cruise docs and cute luggage tags that you can save as sounviners from the good ole days... :rolleyes:

Hi, Rhode Island,

It is just so much easier to call Princess and have their Agent type it in for U. They can type like crazy and most are very pleasant and helpful.

I still have some of the old plastic holders from the Olden Days. It seems that we have much more paper nowadays. Welcome to the New World Order.

:D:D;):cool::cool:

Hi, Rhode Island,

It is just so much easier to call Princess and have their Agent type it in for U. They can type like crazy and most are very pleasant and helpful.

I still have some of the old plastic holders from the Olden Days. It seems that we have much more paper nowadays. Welcome to the New World Order.

:D:D;):cool::cool:

Oh, how true... the new world order where you do all the work but they charge you more $$$ for everything onboard!! LOL. Yes, I gave up and will call Princess tomorrow. It just made me nervous that you could change everything but his name. :D

I just spent hours on line filling out the precruise documents and printing up the lovely:( paper luggage tags for Feb 11 cruise on Grand. Somehow, I missed putting in my hubby's suffix ( he is a III as in Thurston Hollister,III) and since his passport includes the III, I am freaking a bit because there is no way for me to edit his name or suffix on the Cruise Personalizer. I can print the PDF and fill it out correctly but does anyone know if the trick to editing the immigration info on line? I will call Princess too tomorrow but people here are usually smarter.

BTW, I have to say spending hours plugging in all this and being sure you are doing it correctly is SO MUCH WORK... I do miss just getting the nice packet of cruise docs and cute luggage tags that you can save as sounviners from the good ole days... :rolleyes:

Why would it have taken hours to fill out the paperwork? It usually takes 10 minutes or less... Much less not being able to edit it?

Oh, how true... the new world order where you do all the work but they charge you more $$$ for everything onboard!! LOL. Yes, I gave up and will call Princess tomorrow. It just made me nervous that you could change everything but his name.

Just so you know, for next cruise, don't try to fill in anything. As soon as you book, call and have an Agent fill in everything.

I keep my passport information for the whole family in an email (or pages on my Apple) file in my computer. Just pull it up and read it off to the Agent.

I understand that websites are not at all forgiving and I see that cruise lines have some of the worst to navigate and obtain information.

;):D:eek::cool:;)

I just spent hours on line filling out the precruise documents and

printing up the lovely paper luggage tags for Feb 11 cruise on Grand.

Somehow, I missed putting in my hubby's suffix

( he is Thurston Hollister,III) ...

So, I went into the Princess Personlizer to fill out Passenger Immigration status etc and realized that my husband's electronic form is missing his suffix..

he is Joe Smith, III.

thanks

2 different threads about the same thing...2 different examples...and you wonder why you are confused about your husbands name.., :rolleyes::D

Not really confused about DH's name - it's all these darn forms! And for those who suggested Princess could fix over the phone- forget it. I called regular princess and Captain's circle and got no satisfaction. According to them the Travel Agent must change the name on the booking. How is the name with his suffix going to get onto the Passenger Immigration Form is still a mystery to me... Waiting for a call back from TA.

Not really confused about DH's name - it's all these darn forms! And for those who suggested Princess could fix over the phone- forget it. I called regular princess and Captain's circle and got no satisfaction. According to them the Travel Agent must change the name on the booking. How is the name with his suffix going to get onto the Passenger Immigration Form is still a mystery to me... Waiting for a call back from TA.

One of the disadvantages of using a TA. I accidentally switched my wife's first and middle name (she goes by her middle name - hates the first name). Called Princess and - as always - the CS agent was very helpful and had it switched on the immigration form in a few seconds.

One of the disadvantages of using a TA. I accidentally switched my wife's first and middle name (she goes by her middle name - hates the first name). Called Princess and - as always - the CS agent was very helpful and had it switched on the immigration form in a few seconds.

Actually, it isn't the travel agent who goofed up- I think I made the mistake while filling out on line Passenger Immigration form. two folks at Princess told me they were UNABLE to do anything and that I had to go to the TA. So, just another case of hearing two completely opposite things here...stay tuned to find out the dramatic conclusion.

:p

The disadvantage I meant is that once you book thru a TA, you must use that TA for all communications with Princess. That's why Princess Customer support can not help you. I booked directly with Princess so was able to speak with Princess to correct my mistake in filling out the on-line form.

I just spent hours ???? :rolleyes: on line filling out the precruise documents and printing up the lovely:( paper luggage tags for Feb 11 cruise on Grand. Somehow, I missed putting in my hubby's suffix ( he is a III as in Thurston Hollister,III) BTW, IT'S THRUSTON HOWELL III and since his passport includes the III, I am freaking a bit because there is no way for me to edit his name or suffix on the Cruise Personalizer. I can print the PDF and fill it out correctly but does anyone know if the trick to editing the immigration info on line? I will call Princess too tomorrow but people here are usually smarter.

If the spelling of your name is different than the name on your passport or other travel documents, immediately contact your travel agent or 1-800-PRINCESS Once they have a name in their system it is impossible to change it yourself.

For what it is worth, I don't see the disadvantage to having to work with the TA once you book with them. After all, that's WHY you're booking with the TA, right? If you have the right TA, they should be responsive to your needs quickly. But, I digress.

My TA left message and emailed me that I am "all set" . It would have been less confusing if the PRincess Rep had said what someone said upthread... that because I booked with TA, I had to call TA to make the change... Since boards were originally suggesting calling Princess, that's what I did...

Anyway, as I said yesterday- I would pay $10 more for them to just send us the paper docs in a nice folder like in the olden days of the 1990's and early 2000's!!!:cool:

Camille,

I just think you hit the you are using a TA, have them fix it snag with Princess. They do that sometimes, even though in this case, it was you completing their form.

Those forms can be a pain, especially if you are doing all of them for a large party. (That's usually my job, so I understand.)

Ohiodoglover

Archived