Oasis LIVE (one month later!) Review

FamilyBoston: Can you please tell me where I can find your review. We are doing Oasis in October. Also, can you email me your spreadsheet. irisbobi@hotmaildotcom. Thanks. IRis

I posted the review and photos on this thread! I usually link my CC reviews in my CC signature to make it easy for folks to find! See below about the spread sheet!

I would appreciate it if you could also send me a copy of your spreadsheet too--kacruiser@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.

Hi Mary Ann, Montgomery's and iris!

Thanks for reading! I hope you aren't traveling too soon, because I'm at my vacation house without a computer (just my tablet) so I don't have the spread sheet with me:( But I can forward the attachment from prior emails! Ill give that a go today!:D

Thanks for all your kind words! Happy sailing Oasis!

This would be perfect. I leave on Friday 7/27. I just have 10 more days. Im so excited. Im going with my family including my 7.5 month son, Nikolas. He is my 1st and his 1st vacation. I'll show you pictures when i get back.

Have fun in your vacation. We are all in need of one more often than they happen. :)

I hope you already got it! I sent the email this morning to the 3 of you who gave me addresses since May...cut and paste the emails and removed all the weird dots and ats- so I hope you got it ok!

Another review to read (although its Allure, the ships are essentially the same) is to search ObsessedSC- she also took a baby on Allure and has lots of great info and advice!

Have a wonderful cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going on the western oasis so I'm not sure if the itinerary is the same but assuming it is I was hoping you might remember what night and time they held the quest so our CC group could plan to attend together. Thanks for your review.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great review!!

Thanks Neighbor!

I'm going on the western oasis so I'm not sure if the itinerary is the same but assuming it is I was hoping you might remember what night and time they held the quest so our CC group could plan to attend together. Thanks for your review.

It was held in Day 5 on the Eastern itinerary, that's a port day for both cruises and I believe it's the same for both E and W itineraries once you get past day 2. The only thing different really is that W has a sea day as day 2 and E goes to Nassau on Day 2, the first full day of the cruise. After that the schedules of events is pretty similar.

Hey there!

Glad I was looking at the boards when I did so I could see your review! I thought I had read it but none of the pages were red. Amazing pictures and really funny, glad I saw it! :D

I would just love to go on this class of ship during the holidays!

In June - Western Oasis - Quest was held on Day 4 - 11:00 pm doors open - studio B - deck 4

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Hey there!

Glad I was looking at the boards when I did so I could see your review! I thought I had read it but none of the pages were red. Amazing pictures and really funny, glad I saw it! :D

I would just love to go on this class of ship during the holidays!

Thanks Mike! It was really cool to see them decorating for the holidays, one day we walked through the park and - voila- there were poinsettias!

We loved Oasis so much that we just had to bring our kids on Allure! And my cousin and her DH are taking their kids on Norwegian Break away next week! (They couldn't swing 5 airfares to FLL and had friends already trying the Breakaway!)

In June - Western Oasis - Quest was held on Day 4 - 11:00 pm doors open - studio B - deck 4

Thanks Jan for checking on that! That's certainly more recent than what I have!

what side does oasis dock during the ports?

As OB mentioned, the "infrastructure" for docking and disembarking passengers is all on the right side of the ship (which is odd, since you'd expect port side to be port side; but not for Oasis and Allure;)) On our cruise we were only on the "dock" side in the Bahamas where the ship backed into the dock. I have photos and a description and pictures of the views from port and starboard earlier in this review. Cant remember the post # but look for the photos of all the ships docked in Nassau- I think I went into it in that section if you want to see photos!

I'm sailing on the oasis one week from today with my 12 year old daughter. We haven't booked any excursions yet and aren't into snorkeling or anything to adventurous ...anyone have any suggestions for Haiti, Cozumel or Jamaica?

I'm sailing on the oasis one week from today with my 12 year old daughter. We haven't booked any excursions yet and aren't into snorkeling or anything to adventurous ...anyone have any suggestions for Haiti, Cozumel or Jamaica?

Haiti is the private beach area owned by Royal Caribbean called Labadee- it's entirely enclosed and more like a private beach club. If you don't want adventure (there is a pricey zip line and dragon coaster on offer) I'd recommend a relaxing day at one of the many beaches. It costs nothing additional to have a lounge chair positioned, though the locals do like to get a dollar for putting the chair where you like! You can walk the paths and watch the dragon coasters and zip liners above you, but don't miss the " dragons breath" natural feature in the rocks, water gushes up through a natural hole and sounds a little like a dragon breathing! If Oasis is behind you, it's on the path heading to the left at the front of the whole area. Follow the signs for Dragons breath- the coaster is out that way too.

For Cozumel with a child, I'd recommend either Paradise beach (review and pics in Jewel Review in my signature) or a day at Chakanaab Park. Paradise is cheaper, only $2 -15 for a chair rental - access to all the water play things. Food is a la carte, pricey for Mexico, but close to standard US resort prices. There is an immaculate pool and bath house too. Chakanaab is more expensive, but more inclusive with gardens, snorkeling areas (which you wont need) and access to view the marine mammals even if you don't choose a swim or encounter program, as well as the beach. Both of these are easily accessible by taxi ( about 12-15 for the cab) from the taxi stand as you leave the secure port area. You follow the " maze" out and the taxi stand is right there...very safe and regulated. There are many other all inclusive places, but they can be pricey if you aren't a fairly serious drinker or have children with you!

I've only been to Jamaica a couple of times myself and not to the new port, so I can't say what may be appealing there!

Btw- none of these excursion ideas need be booked ahead- you can manage on your own in the private Labadee area and Cozumel. If you do plan to book dolphins in Cozumel or the coasters or zip lines in Labadee- do book them ahead; these activities are popular and book up fast!

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!

Ps you might need to use the regular CC app to see the reviews in my signature.

Edited by Familygoboston

Thank you so much. Very helpful and greatly appreciated. Any chance you remember if I wait until I board to book the water park for my daughter will it be sold out already? She isn't sure she wants to do it yet ...

Also, how did you know when you boarded that quest conflicted with your show? We have been trying to plan around it. Did they have it posted somewhere when you boarded?

If you mean the water park at Paradise beach on Cozumel...no, there is no need to book ahead, you can just head out by cab. When you get there you will be greeted and presented the "options". The base deal is about $2 each to just rent a chair/umbrella and you'll get a little colored wrist band. Then your daughter can have a look at the inflatables in the water and see if they are for her. If so you can head back to the fellow with the wrist bands, pay, and he will give her another color band which will allow her to give it a try. This may be your best option if she's a bit unsure, since you won't need to commit her till she feels ready and she won't feel anxious that you've paid for stuff she doesn't feel comfortable with.

The zip lines and dragon coaster at Labadee (these are more "land adventures") and the water play area are booked online ahead of time, so if you get there and have a look they may be sold out already or you'd have to go back on board to purchase the "excursion" ...I'm not sure if there is a place to purchase the Labadee water park option at the park after your DD has a look- maybe someone has done that could chime in?:confused: But my experience on Labadee was its pretty cashless, and they don't really have capability to take bookings once you are out on the island.

Given her uncertainty, you might be better off offering her the option in Cozumel after she gets a look and just enjoying Labadee as a beach day!

EETA- if she wants to wait to decide on Labadee, yes, you can usually get the " aqua park" excursion once you board, but do try to decide soon after boarding rather than waiting till the day ahead. For zip lien or coaster, I'd try to book before you sail!

Edited by Familygoboston

Also, how did you know when you boarded that quest conflicted with your show? We have been trying to plan around it. Did they have it posted somewhere when you boarded?

They will usually have weekly planner available that will list the major events for the week. This will either be in your stateroom, or can be obtained at Guest Services.

Thanks. I did mean the water ride in labadee. Once we board the ship and she makes a few friends she will probably want to go if they are. By then I'm concerned that it will be sold out.

In that case I would book the aqua park for Labadee and if 2 days before you get there she really doesn't want it, you can still cancel and get your money back. But it's not much time to figure out who she may want to hang with!

Almost all the kids that age seem to stick with their families out at port (they can't leave without you till they are 18) But she might see kids she knows there.

Quest is usually pretty late (after 11) on Day 5 ( or maybe 4) so if you plan earlier shows on those two days you will be ok. Ten when you board you can confirm it with the planner for your sailing as Bob mentioned!

Edited by Familygoboston