Has anyone taken the Dawn in the Winter?

dongordon

I am planning on taking the Dawn this winter (February), but my wife thinks that the cruise will be in cold weather most of the time.

How many days can be spent on deck soaking in the rays during the cruise?

Don

Sitmar: Fairsea, Fairwind, Fairsky (2)

Premier: Sea Breeze

RCI: Nordic Empress, Sovereign of the Seas (2)

Disney: Magic

Carnival: Imagination, Destiny, Victory

Celebrity: Millenium, Galaxy

RCI: Voyager of the Seas: 8/27/04

Don't know about Feb. but I'm sure someone will. We were on the Dawn the first week in Dec. The day we sailed it was chilly, I needed a sweater. The day we returned was cold-winter coat weather. The days in between were plesant, but not hot by any means, although it was fairly warm in the sun (not hot enough for me to venture into the pool, though). Evenings on deck we'ren't bad if we stayed out of the wind. Sometimes got pretty chilly on pool deck, was nice in the hot tub but we froze when we got out. I remember the wind more than the cold overall.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

if you are taking a 10 or 11 day cruise-you will be guaranteed at least 8 days of hot weather-we left on a 50 degree day in january-one day down was cool- coming back the last 2 days were chilly to down right freezin'. The rest of the days were splendid hot & balmy. I cannot attest to the 7 day trips.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn New Years Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;10;8;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until St. Thomas

Mariposa-crew

SS Independence

NCL Dreamward-NFL cruise

NCL Dreamward-MLB cruise

NCL Wind

NCL Crown

NCL Dawn x 2

Ditto Swoosh2005- We sailed Jan. 25th to Feb. 5th. The first sea day going down, the weather was cool but you could walk on deck. The second sea day people were using the pool and the temperature was in the 70's. We had great weather every day in the Caribbean. Returning we could still swim in the pool the first sea day heading north and we had unusually calm weather on all sea days. The Captain commented on our return trip to New York that it was the calmest weather he had ever encountered off Cape Hatteras in winter. We have booked another cruise on Dawn for next February. I would strongly recommend the winter 10 and 11 day cruises on Norwegian Dawn.

We sailed one week in March and really only had 3 warm days in the middle. Still, with so much to do on the Dawn, you will have fun even if the weather is cool.

TF

I was on the 2/22/04 sailing of the Dawn. Monday and Saturay were pretty chilly but that didn't stop some pax from bundling up and stretching out on the deck chairs (at least on Saturday). Luckily for me, I am not a sun-worshipper and thoroughly enjoyed my cruise nonetheless.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I guess I can live with two days without relaxing on deck for a seven day cruise.

Time to book!

Don

Sitmar: Fairsea, Fairwind, Fairsky (2)

Premier: Sea Breeze

RCI: Nordic Empress, Sovereign of the Seas (2)

Disney: Magic

Carnival: Imagination, Destiny, Victory

Celebrity: Millenium, Galaxy

RCI: Voyager of the Seas: 8/27/04

Hi, we were on the 2/29-3/07 sailing and we had beautiful weather everyday. By Monday early afternoon it was nice enough to sit out on deck, there were some people in the pool. Saturday on the way home was really nice and warm up until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, then it started to get a little cooler. The weather in Florida and the Bahamas was great, sunny and warm the whole time.

Archived