New here - a question about price drops please...

Hi there, this is my first time posting although I have been lurking and gathering lots of info of the last couple of months.

Our family is booked on a 20 night Mediterranean cruise this coming June. We have not yet made final payment and it appears that the price of the 3rd and 4th passengers have dropped quite a lot. I have searched on here and seen that people have contacted HAL directly to get a price adjustment.

Now here is where it gets a little complicated - having taken advice offered on here about the J cabins on Main deck, we booked into 2 of these (4 people in each) On HALs website it is now showing no inside cabins available - so..... I'm thinking we either look at moving to an oceanview or I was wondering what are my chances of getting the 3rd/4th passenger prices reduced and being able to keep my J cabins??

Hope this makes sense.....

I'm not a seasoned cruiser but I'm sure someone will give some good advice soon. Did you book with a travel agent or directly with HAL? You could contact whichever and ask them about it-I would hope that they would be able to give you the deal for the 3/4th passengers and keep you in your original cabins. It might mean they would cancel the original booking but book it right away again to do this but I'm not sure. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Good luck.

We had a reduction in price before the final payment. We made reservations through a travel agent and we had them call. They did not have to cancel our reservation or change our cabin. They simply "re-fared" the cruise for us. We got to keep our main deck J cabin assignment, which was a relief.

Archived