room 7002 or 7003 on summit question.

i-m-ed

Just back from the 4/16 Summit 10 day cruise.

I can't speak for certain on the size of 7002 or 7003, but we were in 8002. You will note that it appears quite a bit larger on the deck plan. I estimated its size to be about 260 square feet, assuming that the adjacent cabin (8006) is listed as 170 square feet with a 38 square foot veranda.

Based on this, I would bet that 7002 or 7003 are quite spacious also. The shape of these cabins may inhibit the amount of usable spae though.

YMMV

Majesty 9/01

Sovereign 12/02

Century 5/03

Enchantment 12/03

Summit 4/04

Yeah...they're GIANT...

We originally booked 7002, then switched to 7003 for the Summit this July...while we were on the Millie back in August...

We went to check out the room before we left the ship...and, yes, it was BIG...

But the only window is pretty small...one of those round ones facing the front...If they had really thought about it, they should have plugged in two windows--front and side...

Anyway, after going through that whole exercise, we ended up moving again...

...to #6122 and #6124...Sky Suites...so now we get a balcony and more, too...I guess I can forego that extra-big 7003...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

• 5 months later...
Yeah...they're GIANT...

We originally booked 7002, then switched to 7003 for the Summit this July...while we were on the Millie back in August...

We went to check out the room before we left the ship...and, yes, it was BIG...

But the only window is pretty small...one of those round ones facing the front...If they had really thought about it, they should have plugged in two windows--front and side...

Anyway, after going through that whole exercise, we ended up moving again...

...to #6122 and #6124...Sky Suites...so now we get a balcony and more, too...I guess I can forego that extra-big 7003...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Hey Steve,

Where exactly is the window in 7003? I saw a pic of the similar cabins on the lower deck. How would you say they are different?

Hey Steve,

Where exactly is the window in 7003? I saw a pic of the similar cabins on the lower deck. How would you say they are different?

I wish I could draw a diagram on here...but I can't so I'll make a feeble attempt at describing it...

First, get out a Celebrity cruise brochure and find a picture of an M-Class ship with a front view...where those round windows--overlooking the heliport--are visable...

Deck 7 is the one with only four windows across the front...the two outside windows along that front wall are 7002 and 7003...

Each of these rooms actually goes more than a quarter of the way across the ship at this point...

They are oddly shaped with that slightly curved wall in the front...There is no window on the side, just the one on the front...The bathroom is actually to the side...The bed is toward the "inside" portion of the room and there is a rather large area of open floor space behind the window...But that one round window is the only window in the cabin...

Hope that helps...

Thanks Steve! I think I have a better idea now. Maybe you could walk me through and get an even better idea of what it is like. Lets take 7002.

When entering the room, would I walk straight toward the bow, or would I turn starboard to come through the entrance door?

Which way would I turn to the Bathroom and which way toward the bed?

Are you saying the Bathroom runs fore and aft along the outside wall of the ship?

Could you move your table by window and see out while seated by it?

Is the window the same diameter as the other outside cabin windows on the Ship? Could you see well out of it from side to side and forward? Could you see the surface of the water near the ship?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am very interested in this cabin

sorry all...this is a bit off topic. Looking forward to your review a board the Veendam...coming soon, I hope :).

Marie

uh-oh....busted! A fellow HAL cruiser has tracked me down to a Celebrity site:)

I have to find my notes and then will do my review of the Veendam

We have booked 7003 for DH and myself and 20 year old daughter on the March 12 2006 Hawaii cruise. We usually like a verandah, but after speaking to Celebrity about the size of t his cabin we think that 3 people would be better off here than in a 180 sq foot verandah. We estamate the size to be between 300-350 sq feet.

We have booked 7003 for DH and myself and 20 year old daughter on the March 12 2006 Hawaii cruise. We usually like a verandah, but after speaking to Celebrity about the size of t his cabin we think that 3 people would be better off here than in a 180 sq foot verandah. We estamate the size to be between 300-350 sq feet.

Thats great! Too bad you won't be going before me and you could send me pics of the room:)

outrageous!! The ONLY reason I am able to take the cruise at the end of the month is because it is a repositioning cruise, and the rate was very low, probably about 110% or so for the solo rate. The ship was suppose to be in dry dock during this time, but they decided not to drydock it, so this was a "last minute" sailing on their part. There are quite a few solos going since the rate is so good. If you want, email me and I will give you my TA's info, who specializes in solo rates, it would be worth it, for you to get a quote from her.

Marie

ExaltingHim@cox.net

...walk me through and get an even better idea of what it is like. Lets take 7002. When entering the room, would I walk straight toward the bow, or would I turn starboard to come through the entrance door?

You are entering the cabin walking forward--toward the bow...

Which way would I turn to the Bathroom and which way toward the bed?

If memory serves correct, the bathroom is to your left as you enter, the bed to your right, the window straight ahead...

Are you saying the Bathroom runs fore and aft along the outside wall of the ship?

No... I think I was turned around earlier...Remember, I never stayed in this cabin, only toured it briefly prior to disembarking the Millennium because I had booked it for the Summit...but I subsequently switched to Sky Suites on the Summit...But, thinking back, I believe the bathroom was toward the center of the ship...which makes more sense, knowing what I do about construction--you wouldn't put the plumbing to the exterior wall when all other cabins have it running along the interior...

Could you move your table by window and see out while seated by it? Is the window the same diameter as the other outside cabin windows on the Ship? Could you see well out of it from side to side and forward? Could you see the surface of the water near the ship?

I think you might have to stand to see out this window...it is a smallish round porthole type of window and due to the slope of the forward wall, it is somewhat recessed, especially toward the bottom...and it is not along a wall that drops toward the water...the heliport and the front end of the ship is below...You can see the water in the distance and to the sides--but at a broad angle...

The reason to take this cabin is for the size and space, not necessarily for the view...If you want a great view and like to enjoy sitting by an expansive ocean view, take a balcony cabin...If you want a large room and a view, do what we eventually did and splurge for that Sky Suite...But, if you want just a large cabin and some sort of light source and the ability to see out and you want to hold to a reasonable budget while doing it, this is a great cabin...it's definitely worth the price step up from an ordinary "outside" cabin...

The reason to take this cabin is for the size and space, not necessarily for the view...If you want a great view and like to enjoy sitting by an expansive ocean view, take a balcony cabin...If you want a large room and a view, do what we eventually did and splurge for that Sky Suite...But, if you want just a large cabin and some sort of light source and the ability to see out and you want to hold to a reasonable budget while doing it, this is a great cabin...it's definitely worth the price step up from an ordinary "outside" cabin...

Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to explain it for me. I can picture it now.

I am thinking that if I do some sort of cabin share, the extra space would be nice.

I also have my eye on a particular lower-priced balcony cabin. Price may be the determining factor in this.

7003 is lovely. It was my first cruise cabin and I was very surprised when I was on a ship the next time and the cabin was so small. When you enter the cabin, sort of like a vestibule, the bathroom is on the right. After you come back through the vestibule you enter the cabin. The cabin is very spacious. The porthole is very large. But it is higher, probably waist height. I am very tall, 5'11" but I climbed in this porthole space and would sit there and watch the ship cruise in Alaska. I would get the bed pillows and the pillows from the couch and sit in this space. There was enough room for my pillows and I still was away from the porthole window. It was just like being in a bay window seat. I would tell my table mates at dinner that I told the Captain how to steer the ship. My view was wonderful. It's hard to remember exactly how large this porthole window was but it probably was a four foot diameter window. It truly is a wonderful outside cabin.

7003 is lovely. It was my first cruise cabin and I was very surprised when I was on a ship the next time and the cabin was so small. When you enter the cabin, sort of like a vestibule, the bathroom is on the right. After you come back through the vestibule you enter the cabin. The cabin is very spacious. The porthole is very large. But it is higher, probably waist height. I am very tall, 5'11" but I climbed in this porthole space and would sit there and watch the ship cruise in Alaska. I would get the bed pillows and the pillows from the couch and sit in this space. There was enough room for my pillows and I still was away from the porthole window. It was just like being in a bay window seat. I would tell my table mates at dinner that I told the Captain how to steer the ship. My view was wonderful. It's hard to remember exactly how large this porthole window was but it probably was a four foot diameter window. It truly is a wonderful outside cabin.

Cool Michelle!

Got any photos of the room?

4' is the size of the windows on all outside cabins in this class....that is good to know.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean, Don't have any pictures that I could post. I am looking at a page from one of the Celebrity's brochures and you can see the window on the front of the ship above the helicopter landing pad. It is the middle set of portholes on the front of the ship. Every cabin on a ship is better than a room in my house because we don't have room service in my house or divine dinners every night and dancing and all of the fun things on a ship. Best, Michele

Sean, Don't have any pictures that I could post. I am looking at a page from one of the Celebrity's brochures and you can see the window on the front of the ship above the helicopter landing pad. It is the middle set of portholes on the front of the ship. Every cabin on a ship is better than a room in my house because we don't have room service in my house or divine dinners every night and dancing and all of the fun things on a ship. Best, Michele

Thanks Michelle,

I think this is the cabin I will pick if I should go on the Infinity (sister to Summit) to Alaska.

By the way, I did actually check out the comparable ones on deck six when I was on the Infinity. I did not like them. The window was too close to one end making the other end dark. The view was mostly of the bow.

7002 and 7003 must be better being higher up and with the window closer to the side of the ship.

You convinced me:)

• 3 months later...

Archived