help please - my time dining

Hi Everyone,

I posted on this earlier, but did not make a very good title.

Some friends are going on a group cruise in late January. There are 24 in total. Apparently their travel agent screwed up, and booked them for my time dining. Given the size of their party, they are unable to book together (maximum 10 people can book at a time, then it says they are full).

I'm doubtful that they will be able to change to the non-My Time early seating once onboard, and have adjacent tables. They know they will not get a table large enough to sit at the same table.

Anyone have advice for them? They are really concerned...

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I posted on this earlier, but did not make a very good title.

Some friends are going on a group cruise in late January. There are 24 in total. Apparently their travel agent screwed up, and booked them for my time dining. Given the size of their party, they are unable to book together (maximum 10 people can book at a time, then it says they are full).

I'm doubtful that they will be able to change to the non-My Time early seating once onboard, and have adjacent tables. They know they will not get a table large enough to sit at the same table.

Anyone have advice for them? They are really concerned...

Thanks!

Table set-up depends on the ship, but if the group (or its fearless leader) goes to the MTD station as soon as they get on board, the Maitre D' may be able to accommodate this large of a party with a reasonable distance between tables. Several ships in the fleet have side dining rooms off of the main dining room where they can accommodate large/special parties as well. We just got off of Jewel, and there were two small dining rooms ("Shoreside" and "Seaside") on Deck four. Not sure how many they can serve, though.

On Navigator we had a group of 23 who wanted to sit together just for the first night.... roll call.... all MTD..... the Maitre d' was brilliant and I saw her as soon as I had boarded. She got us 3 tables together and would have happiy assigned us the tables for the whole week which wasn't necessary. The joy of such a large group doing MTD is that should some prefer to eat at other times they can.

Archived