Private excursions at tender ports

highbridger

For our South American cruise on Infinity, there are a number of tender ports. It always seems that the ship tours go off first. When you have an early private tour, how do you get off the ship first? Thanks for your help.

Ship tours do get off first. The remaining passengers go to a designated location, often the theater, to get tender tickets. Once the ship tours' passengers have been called, they begin to call the other passengers. If you are asking how to move ahead of the ship tour passengers, I don't think you can.

Very interesting question.

One of the "perks" of being an elite captain's club member is "priority tendering". This isn't shown as a classic or select benefit, only elite.

I wonder if that would allow one to tender with the first group of excursion folks??? Anyone know???

On the recent Equinox cruise last month we were tendered in Grand Cayman. I was third in line for a tender ticket in order to be on the first "regular" tender off the boat when the cruise director radioed the girl getting ready to hand out the tickets. He asked how many were ready NOW. There were about 12 of us who had our stuff with us and ready to leave immediately. He said "send them down" and we got off before ANYONE else including the Celebrity tours! Have NO idea how or why it happened. I was on the island a FULL hour before my private tour and had time to explore.

I would recommend being one of the first in line which means getting to the area where tickets are distributed about 20-30 minutes prior and being ready to go. I don't know how often what happened to me happens but you could get lucky and you want to be ready! Have fun.

Archived