Hope the upsell fairy calls!

OhioGirl

My fiance and I are sailing on Star on Feb 12th....I wish we could have booked a mini-suite or suite but the cost was a little high for us....I can only sit back and hope that the upsell fairy finds it in his/her heart to give us that call!

We are trying to be ready in case we get the call for our Jan 29th sailing. Everything looks full except for the pricey suites and the suites that don't have a balcony. It looks like all but 2 of them are open.

We have our magic number just in case.

We have quite a bit of OBC from our TA...does anyone know if you take the upsell does it affect any of the OBC's you have? That would make a difference too.

We are trying to be ready in case we get the call for our Jan 29th sailing. Everything looks full except for the pricey suites and the suites that don't have a balcony. It looks like all but 2 of them are open.

We have quite a bit of OBC from our TA...does anyone know if you take the upsell does it affect any of the OBC's you have? That would make a difference too.

Looks like 3 OS's left and the family suites without balconies. Notice the Garden Villa is gone!

:)

I got the call on Friday and my TA was off. I got an incompetent co-worker who was quoting $7000 for a 2 br family suite from a mini-suite. Called my TA on Sat and she said that wasn't right and would call/message the NCL upsell coordinator for Monday (nail biting weekend).... got the upgrade for $710. Suite life here we come!!!! :D

Good luck!!

Heather

I got the call on Friday and my TA was off. I got an incompetent co-worker who was quoting $7000 for a 2 br family suite from a mini-suite. Called my TA on Sat and she said that wasn't right and would call/message the NCL upsell coordinator for Monday (nail biting weekend).... got the upgrade for $710. Suite life here we come!!!! :D

Good luck!!

Heather

Good luck!!

Heather

Woo Hoo for you! That is exactly the call I'm hoping for! Enjoy!

Good luck!!

Heather

Congrats on your upsell....hope you enjoy your cruise and your suite!

• 4 weeks later...

So sad...haven't received a call from the Upgrade Fairy...one of cruisecritic members sailing with us got the call to upgrade to a Owners Suite...I would like to just get the call to go to a suite so we can take advantage of the Cagney Restaurant for breakfast...Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

One time on my "Pearl" cruise I got two up sell calls. I was booked for a Mini Suite and two weeks before my Cruise the Up-Sell Fairy called my TA on Friday at 4:30 pm and offered me a Penthouse. First I was not going to take it because it had two bedrooms and there was only the two of us but I went for it. Then the last day at work before my Trip NCL called my TA at 4:30 and offered me the Qwners Suite and my TA said I was crazy if I didn't take it so I did. The Owners suite was to die for and Cagney's was a delight. My last Cruise through the Panama Canal I was upsold to the Penthouse forward right below the Captain and the view for the Canal was the best. I personally think that when they can't fill the high end Suites they start on Balcony or even Aft Balcony. Good luck with getting the up-sell Fairy call.:p

I never wait for the call I usually call the week before the cruise and get the reduced rate if available.

We just tried this for our upcoming 2/25 Epic cruise. Lots of availability and prices came down $300 for our cabin. We were going to upgrade to a mini-suite from a B6 but the price they gave us was more than listed on the website :eek:!! But we did get a $75 OBC instead.

We just tried this for our upcoming 2/25 Epic cruise. Lots of availability and prices came down $300 for our cabin. We were going to upgrade to a mini-suite from a B6 but the price they gave us was more than listed on the website :eek:!! But we did get a $75 OBC instead.

Never hurts to call:rolleyes:

So sad...haven't received a call from the Upgrade Fairy...one of cruisecritic members sailing with us got the call to upgrade to a Owners Suite...I would like to just get the call to go to a suite so we can take advantage of the Cagney Restaurant for breakfast...Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Sheila,

Karen & I are still hoping you get that upgrade call.:D

Sheila,

Karen & I are still hoping you get that upgrade call.:D

Thanks....haven't heard anything from her...darn it anyway! Someone that is on our cruise and on our roll-call got their call last Friday to go from their penthouse family to Owners Suite! I'm Sooooo Jealous!

I never got lucky. But then again I have always had the cheapest cabins. Twice oceanview and once an inside. Usually the upsell fairy only calls on cabins that are more expensive anyway. I am always happy to hear when someone lucks out and gets the upsell. Our next cruise we are booking a courtyard villa on the Epic so maybe we will get an upsell on that. But I will have to wait two years for that to happen. Boohoo!

Thanks....haven't heard anything from her...darn it anyway! Someone that is on our cruise and on our roll-call got their call last Friday to go from their penthouse family to Owners Suite! I'm Sooooo Jealous!

I have to wonder even if it's a good deal, many of these calls must still be out of reach financially for many. I can't imagine even under the best of deals what it may still cost to upgrade to the Owners Suite. :eek:

You can always be your own upgrade fairy... If at this time you are willing to pay the difference in what you have already paid and the price of the suite, give your PCC or TA a call and do it! It's not going to be free in any case...

I have to wonder even if it's a good deal, many of these calls must still be out of reach financially for many. I can't imagine even under the best of deals what it may still cost to upgrade to the Owners Suite. :eek:

I would analyze it this way... Based on the current pricing difference between the cabin we have and what we are offered, I would hope the price offered was at least 50 percent off of the difference. If not, then it might not be feasible. One also has to consider if the change in category offers more amenities, rather than just cabin size to truly value the offer...

We got an upsell from the Aft Penthouse (SF) to the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Gem for a total of $600 for the two of us. Well worth it in my opinion.:)

We got an upsell from the Aft Penthouse (SF) to the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Gem for a total of $600 for the two of us. Well worth it in my opinion.:)

Based on the price difference on my upcoming cruise... (1900 pp from SF to deluxe owners suite) I would be all over that as well... That would be 85 percent off of the difference for me! Hope there are a few SF guarantees that still have to be fulfilled on our cruise... The Deluxe Owners Suites are still not full, but the SFs are all taken so far... I'd gladly trade for that price!

Archived