Window Suite

Grover-Lee

With a window suite, you get all of the full suite perks but no balcony. Location is better than some full suites with balconies. I'd consider it if the cost wasn't much more than a mini-suite. On my T/A on the Crown a couple of years ago in early September, the weather was very iffy and I didn't use the balcony after the first couple of days.

We had a window suite in Nov. on the Golden Princess to Hawaii. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and would highly recommend it on any cruise with many days on the water. Perhaps not in the Carribean, but most anywhere else. The perks are great, the suites are really nice, and as mentioned before if the price is not a great difference (ours was an upgrade for $300) it is truly special. We have always booked a mini and the space difference was way beyond expectation. We found NO negatives.

We are confirmed mini suite cruises--really love the extra space. That said we had a Window Suite on a Coastal cruise and absolutely loved it. If the price were right we'd take one again in a heartbeat!

Love Breakfast in Sabatini's and being able to order from the main dinner room to our cabin.

What ever you choose, enjoy!

Thanks everyone for your input. The price is actually $400 LESS for the Window Suite than an AB Mini Suite. And we'd be sailing the end of August. We're thinking that the weather may not be the greatest for a good part of it, so having no balcony won't be that big of a deal. And having the extra amenities will be super nice!

I'll chat with my DH and see what he thinks. :p

We had a nice upgrade from and AB mini to F301 WS on our Caribbean Princess New England/Canada cruise in October and we LOVED it!

We had rain,cold and snow on this cruise so we didn't miss a balcony at all. The whole cruise every time we enjoyed another suite perk we felt we had won a prize!!:D

Window Suites are full suites sans balcony.....

Bob

I'm thinking they meant suite with balcony.

I believe they may wait til final payment. Make sure those booked in the WS's don't cancel. Once they are all confirmed, anyone that has the WS Gty should be upgraded to a suite with balcony. IMO

I believe they may wait til final payment. Make sure those booked in the WS's don't cancel. Once they are all confirmed, anyone that has the WS Gty should be upgraded to a suite with balcony. IMO

I would think you are correct.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, I meant a suite with balcony. F301 was available when I boooked a GTY and then a few weeks later, the Window Suites were sold out. I am hopeful we will get a balcony, because we always book the Mini Suite, but this is our first suite, so excited either way.

We booked a WS for our August trip to Alaska. It will be our first cruise with a suite and our first cruise without a balcony, but I think the suite perks will be nice. Our WS was cheaper than the mini suites AND the balcony state rooms. Looking at pictures from others, they look very nice.

Archived