How does NCL deal with price drops?

melli_fera

Just found out that my January 30th sailing has dropped in price. Same category is about $30 cheaper pp.

Can I call for OBC, or perhaps an upgrade/upsell? I've had good luck with Carnival, but haven't sailed NCL in years (before I knew to check these things)!

TIA!

Just found out that my January 30th sailing has dropped in price. Same category is about $30 cheaper pp.

Can I call for OBC, or perhaps an upgrade/upsell? I've had good luck with Carnival, but haven't sailed NCL in years (before I knew to check these things)!

TIA!

Just like Carnival, nothing after final payment is made. BTW, Carnival did away with getting OBC's for price drops about two or three years ago when the Early Saver program was introduced.

You can always upsell (what cruiseline is going to turn down extra money from a customer) at anytime.

Dave

On my upcoming cruise on the Gem there was a $50.00 PP price drop after final payment. I e-mailed my PCC who was able to get us an additional $25.00 PP OBC I knew I was inside of final payment and NCL had no obligation, but figured why not ask ? Thank you NCL !

NCL was among the first to eliminate price reductions after final payment soon after a hostile takeover by Star Cruises in 2000. Royal Caribbean continued to give onboard credit as recent as a couple of years ago. Sadly, all of the mass-market lines are now often rewarding last minute bookers with the best price. There are exceptions to the rule with regards to upgrades though.

I paid $20 to upgrade from BC to B6 on the Epic, the next day, B6 price dropped lower than the amount I paid for BC. I called my TA to see if I can at least recoup my $20, but NCL refuse to do anything. I understand it is only $20 and they are not obligated to do anything , but I think as a business standpoint, if NCL would've forego the $20, I would be a happy customer and feel more loyal to NCL. ( I am not a big fan of NCL, but want to try out the Epic)

Archived