Glory with 10 year old son

Grandeur

I am not experienced with sailing Carnival. Exploring taking my 10 year old son on Glory this Summer. Wondering if anybody can give me feedback on the kids program for his age group. We are "Loyal Royal" cruisers so his first preference was to go back on Allure or Oasis but I think he needs to scale back his expectations with some "in between" cruises :D.

Thanks in advance.

Love the Glory,revisiting her with boys and husband in June.

My only experience with the kids stuff was on the Fantasy. My oldest was 10 or so at the time. They had a lot of stuff for them to do,his favorite was the late night party.

I'm trying to remember what all they did.

I know he did some crafts,played video games,did a scavenger hunt,mini golf and the late night party (took the kids swimming,watched a movie,had snacks and walked them all back to their cabins).

He even hooked up with another boy that lived 20 minutes from us in Illinois.

Oldest loved it but yougest was 8 and didn't care for it so much.

Remember this summer the Glory does Canada so it can be cooler and rainy,you never know.

Our youngest (12 next month) just completed his last cruise with Camp Carnival, as he now moves on to Circle C. The 9-11 group on Carnival has a lot of good activities, including swim parties and the late night party (although the latter was canceled on our last Glory cruise due to lack of participation:(). I've always been happy with the programming that Camp Carnival provides; my sons would look at the schedule for the week, decide what activities they wanted to participate in (making friendship bracelets wasn't on their agenda:p) - and if they didn't want to participate in an activity they would head for the sports deck, or play a round of mini golf, or spend some time in the arcade.

Do be aware that the 9-11 age group can sign themselves in and out of Camp Carnival. This can be a good thing: you don't have to stand in line with your kid to sign in or out. If you're not comfortable with it, you can require a parent's signature to sign in and out. However, they will not be able to participate in scavenger hunts. We solved the problem by giving son signing privileges, but having one of us bring him to the Camp Carnival activity and meet him at the conclusion.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I am not opposed to the staying in the North East. Have sailed the Caribbean in the Summer many times with the heat and humidity. A different itinerary is welcomed :).

I am not experienced with sailing Carnival. Exploring taking my 10 year old son on Glory this Summer. Wondering if anybody can give me feedback on the kids program for his age group. We are "Loyal Royal" cruisers so his first preference was to go back on Allure or Oasis but I think he needs to scale back his expectations with some "in between" cruises :D.

Thanks in advance.

We (dw,DD and I) went on the Glory last June we did a 4 day out of NY. We had bad fog every day, 6&8 foot seas, and it rained in ST.Johns. The. BEST vacation ever.

The ship was so much fun lots of things to do or nothing if you want to relax, food was amazing ( def. Eat fish and chips and Mongolian wok). Make sure you get a prescription for the patch seas were bad, saw people complaining about things, I don't sea how o e can complain about anything when you are blessed to be on a cruise. Enjoy you have a great time.

We are cruising on the Glory next week and our oldest will be 10 next month. I cannot address the Glory specifically yet, but we have taken our kids (9, 8, 5, 4) on half a dozen Carnival cruises, so I can talk about Camp Carnival. They all love it. They do fun activities and make some friends.

We did the Glory back in July with our 10 & 8 yr old boys. They had a great time. They loved the laser tag, mini golf and the other activities with Camp Carnival. The only thing they were disappointed with was the late night party which was cancelled because of lack of participation. They did do the late night party on the Miracle and had a blast. Have a great time!!

Thanks in advance.

Trust me when I say when you sail with Carnival you will not feel as though youre on an "inbetween" cruise. Carnival does a great job in their kid programs catering to kids. I will never cruise with anyone but Carnival again.

Archived