Sheraton Old San Juan

travelplanner4thefamily

We are arriving on a Sat and sailing on a Sun. But Old San Juan Sheraton requires a 2 night min on the weekend. Does anyone know or have experience with them droping this requirement prior if rooms aren't full? We are staying at Cervantes at a good rate $205 but would like Sheraton so we can walk to ship on Sun. Thanks for the help

We are arriving on a Sat and sailing on a Sun. But Old San Juan Sheraton requires a 2 night min on the weekend. Does anyone know or have experience with them droping this requirement prior if rooms aren't full? We are staying at Cervantes at a good rate $205 but would like Sheraton so we can walk to ship on Sun. Thanks for the help

Not sure if you are a member, but I booked through triple A and was able to secure a 1 night stay.

We have never had to commit to a 2 night stay at the Sheraton. Of course, we haven't been there since 2009 so I can't speak to current policies. That is our hotel of choice pre cruise because there is so much to do in OSJ. We're going to be there for the halloween cruise but I haven't looked at rooms yet.

Joe

I'm a starwood perferred customer, called corporate and they said there was nothing they could do...hotel sets the 2 night minimums & they have it in place for most pre cruise departure dates.:(

Also called AAA they said the same

Called the hotel, who said if i book AAA i can cancel the reservation but not modify it to 1 night.

Is your ship going out of the pier by the Sheraton? We were with Celebrity and ours went out of the other pier (I think the Pan Am Pier) and it would have been a VERY long walk. Not really feasible with luggage in the heat. The Sheraton is nice for walking around old San Juan though. Just right there.

i gambled on hotwire for 2 nights even though we only needed Saturday.

Won the Sheraton OSJ for $245. Not too shabby as it would've cost $365 via best rate i could find AAA.

Now we can take our time on Saturday tour 1st, then drag our bags over the ship late afternoon (hopefully) after the crowd thins.

In my experience, the 2 night minimum usually drops off closer to the date of the reservation. I've booked this hotel in January for the last two years and I can usually get a one night stay starting in November. This was applicable directly through the Sheraton website and online booking agents.

Archived