A Few Miracle Questions

PortSideCruzan

Hi,

First I'd like to thank so many of you for the info packed into this website. I've used this site to gather cruise data in the past, as a lurker, for a long time; and just recently I became a member.

My wife & I are in the planning stages of our very 1st Carnival cruise!

We have been on a 3 other cruise lines, now that we are adding a 4th line (Carnival), we are very excited!

We will be cruising on the Miracle, not sure of the date yet, but we do have the itinerary for our next voyage.

Day 1: Out of New York

Day 2: Grand Turk

Day 3: Fun Day at Sea

Day 4: Fun Day at Sea

Day 5: Half Moon Cay Bahamas

Day 6: Nassau Bahamas

Day 7: Fun Day at Sea

Day 8: Fun Day at Sea

Day 9: Back to New York (Turnaround Day)

Day 10: Fun Day at Sea

Day 11: Fun Day at Sea

Day 12: San Juan Puerto Rico

Day 13: St. Thomas

Day 14: Grand Turk

Day 15: Fun Day at Sea

Day 16: Fun Day at Sea

Day 17: New York

Now that I am getting down to the nitty gritty of things, I am left with a few questions.

1) In regards to 'real' coffee, brewed coffee, does a coffee card exist? Or do you pay as you go?

2) Concerning my searches, brewed coffee seems to be available at 2 places on the Miracle. The Fountainhead Cafe? And the entrance to the buffet? Is that correct?

Also, is cappuccino & espresso free in the dining room?

3) During the Miracle dry dock, it appears there will be a Serenity section added. Is the Serenity section open past typical pool hours? For example, can one lounge there at midnight?

4) Where are the lucky coin(s) on the Miracle? Is there more than one? If I had to take a guess I would say deck 11? Or deck 3 somewhere on the exterior promenade?

Thank you in advance for your help, sorry if I rambled. So many of my other Carnival questions were already answered just by reading the forum, and I thank you so much for that. Have a terrific day!

1) In regards to 'real' coffee, brewed coffee, does a coffee card exist? Or do you pay as you go?

You can get a coffee card which is good for a certain number of purchased coffees. I can't remember how many. You could buy multiple cards.

2) Concerning my searches, brewed coffee seems to be available at 2 places on the Miracle. The Fountainhead Cafe? And the entrance to the buffet? Is that correct?

Yes.

It is after dinner only.

I don't think they have the coffee cards. Not sure about the new Serenity area I think it's in dry dock as we speak. One thing I can tell you. My husband and I have been on The Dream, Glory, Valor, Inspiration, Freedom, Liberty, and The Miracle last Feb. and we loved her so much that we booked another cruise for this Feb. Something about her is just so comfortable. The first day I was like, OK whats the big deal everyone talks about, then as time went on I just loved everything about that ship. Even the people on her!! I will miss her when she only leaves out of New York. Have a great vacation!! Lynn Oh and like you I love my coffee shop coffee.

Hi,

First I'd like to thank so many of you for the info packed into this website. I've used this site to gather cruise data in the past, as a lurker, for a long time; and just recently I became a member.

My wife & I are in the planning stages of our very 1st Carnival cruise!

We have been on a 3 other cruise lines, now that we are adding a 4th line (Carnival), we are very excited!

We will be cruising on the Miracle, not sure of the date yet, but we do have the itinerary for our next voyage.

Day 1: Out of New York

Day 2: Grand Turk

Day 3: Fun Day at Sea

Day 4: Fun Day at Sea

Day 5: Half Moon Cay Bahamas

Day 6: Nassau Bahamas

Day 7: Fun Day at Sea

Day 8: Fun Day at Sea

Day 9: Back to New York (Turnaround Day)

Day 10: Fun Day at Sea

Day 11: Fun Day at Sea

Day 12: San Juan Puerto Rico

Day 13: St. Thomas

Day 14: Grand Turk

Day 15: Fun Day at Sea

Day 16: Fun Day at Sea

Day 17: New York

Now that I am getting down to the nitty gritty of things, I am left with a few questions.

3) During the Miracle dry dock, it appears there will be a Serenity section added. Is the Serenity section open past typical pool hours? For example, can one lounge there at midnight?

4) Where are the lucky coin(s) on the Miracle? Is there more than one? If I had to take a guess I would say deck 11? Or deck 3 somewhere on the exterior promenade?

Thank you in advance for your help, sorry if I rambled. So many of my other Carnival questions were already answered just by reading the forum, and I thank you so much for that. Have a terrific day!

This is a good cruise...Have fun! When are you going?

PS- It takes 2 days to get to the islands....so Grand Turk wouldn't be on the second day

Nice...I have done both Itineraries...btb would be so cool

The Miracle is a very nice ship...I personally am not happy about the Aft turning into the Serenity area...but oh well

You will have an awesome time...always seems to have a great crew

There is a 'hidden' coin on each of the ships - I know there is a story behind it but for the life of me I can't remember it :o. If you do a search for 'hidden coin' I bet you'll get lots of responses as I remember a long thread about it. Sorry I wasn't much help. Welcome to your new addiction!

This is a good cruise...Have fun! When are you going?

PS- It takes 2 days to get to the islands....so Grand Turk wouldn't be on the second day

Hi Jacky,

When I noticed my typo it was too late to edit the itinerary in my post here. We are planning this B2B voyage for spring/summer 2013.

The itinerary may be reversed, but will have to wait until Carnival lists itineraries past April 2013.

I hope that happens soon, I can't wait to book the voyage..

All that is left now is to save $$.

What's the coin all about? I'm new to cruising.

Thanks.

Hi Skydog,

The 'lucky coins' are a tradition on some cruise lines. I understand that Carnival has lucky coins on every one of their ships. The coin is placed in a box that is welded on the outside of the ship. (I think), It is suppose to appease to the gods & create good luck.

I don't think they have the coffee cards. Not sure about the new Serenity area I think it's in dry dock as we speak. One thing I can tell you. My husband and I have been on The Dream, Glory, Valor, Inspiration, Freedom, Liberty, and The Miracle last Feb. and we loved her so much that we booked another cruise for this Feb. Something about her is just so comfortable. The first day I was like, OK whats the big deal everyone talks about, then as time went on I just loved everything about that ship. Even the people on her!! I will miss her when she only leaves out of New York. Have a great vacation!! Lynn Oh and like you I love my coffee shop coffee.

Hi LynnAnne,

My wife is a serious coffee drinker. When I began to research the Miracle, one of the 1st things she said to me was, "Find my coffee, not that concentrated syrup stuff", LOL!

I was happy when I located real brewed coffee for her at two locations on the ship.

At the Fountainhead Cafe & at the entrance to the buffet.

You can get a coffee card which is good for a certain number of purchased coffees. I can't remember how many. You could buy multiple cards.

Yes.

It is after dinner only.

Hi Kat,

Thank you so much!

Nice...I have done both Itineraries...btb would be so cool

The Miracle is a very nice ship...I personally am not happy about the Aft turning into the Serenity area...but oh well

You will have an awesome time...always seems to have a great crew

Hi Djwood,

We have done Puerto Rico, St Thomas & Grand Turk in the past on other cruise lines. However, we have never been to the Bahamas yet.

We have been doing B2B cruises ever since our 2nd cruise. After our very 1st cruise, when we got home, my wife & I looked at each other and said, "That went too fast", lol

From that point on, we save & do double bookings. One week is not enough, lol

Do you know if the Serenity section has hours of operation? Can one go there (for example), at midnight?

Hi Jacky,

When I noticed my typo it was too late to edit the itinerary in my post here. We are planning this B2B voyage for spring/summer 2013.

The itinerary may be reversed, but will have to wait until Carnival lists itineraries past April 2013.

I hope that happens soon, I can't wait to book the voyage..

All that is left now is to save $$.

That's awesome! They do also have the western Caribbean itinerary if you are interested you could be able to see 6 different ports. Although when I chose to go on the Miracle again, I wanted the same 3 ports:cool: Half Moon Cay is the BEST BEACH EVER!

Let the saving begin!

That's awesome! They do also have the western Caribbean itinerary if you are interested you could be able to see 6 different ports. Although when I chose to go on the Miracle again, I wanted the same 3 ports:cool: Half Moon Cay is the BEST BEACH EVER!

Let the saving begin!

Hi Jacky,

We are looking forward to Half Moon Cay (Little San Salvador Island). Heard the beach is terrific. I've seen video & photo's so far during my cruise research. Looks very cool!

Also, in all of our past cruises, we have never tendered. Half Moon Cay will be the 1st time for us. Looking forward to the process.

Archived