Pan Am Pier Question

San10s

Can anyone who recently (last couple of months) sailed on the Caribbean Princess confirm for me iof there is still a Duty-Free shop in the Pan American cruise terminal that you can shop in prior to boarding?

I have cruised out of here many times and it has always been there but with this being the 'last' winter with a Princess ship departing from Pan Am / San Juan :mad:, I am wondering if that has changed things yet.

Thank you in advance! :D

I think I read here that the wine selection is not so good at the duty free shop. Can anyone comment? If not, where would the best place be to stock up prior to cruising? We are staying at the Intercontinental pre-cruise. Will the liquor store be open on a Sunday?

I think I read here that the wine selection is not so good at the duty free shop. Can anyone comment? If not, where would the best place be to stock up prior to cruising? We are staying at the Intercontinental pre-cruise. Will the liquor store be open on a Sunday?

The wine selection was not that great but my wife bought a couple pr wines that come to find out was at a great price. We stayed at the intercontinental and I am sure you can find a place that sells liquor close. I remember seeing one or two. But buy the liquor in the pier and the wine before.

There is a Pueblo Supermarket within a very reasonable walk from the Intercontinental Hotel....actually from almost any hotel on Isla Verde. They have a very nice wine selection and the prices vary depending upon your 'taste'. We always plan a stop there to buy water, wine and soda to bring with us. :D

We sailed out of San Juan, Pan Am Pier, on the Caribbean Princess in December of 2011. Once you enter the terminal area, you immediately go through the security process, then head to either the waiting area - rows of white plastic seats if it's very crowded, or check in at one of the multiple counter areas. Then turn around and you'll see the Duty Free Shop.

Wine selection is very limited, and IMO, pretty pathetic and over priced. I purchased a bottle of a white wine that I normally buy in my local supermarket for about $9. - it cost $18.95 at the Duty Free. DH bought gin and vodka and the staff at the shop helped him packit in the carry-on.

We did a b2b, and had to go into the terminal at the end of the first week. Some pax stopped at Duty Free for additional liquor/wine.

We were in San Juan for 3 days prior to the cruise. I found the prices for wines to be generally higher on the island than at home. However, you should check out the liquor/duty free shops in the various ports during your cruise - some had very good prices on wines and Princess does not appear to act like the alcohol police with wine purchased in port.

Darcy

Archived