Escape the crowd beach??

barthop

We just got back from Costa Maya and I can't recommend Maya Chan beach enough. It was AMAZING.

Private palapa for our family, all the drinks, fresh pico de gaillo, gruac and lunch you could ask for, snorkeling and kayaking included.

It was quiet AND fun. Perfect for our family. VERY laid back atmosphere.

You have to book it independently. Costs are very reasonable and included transportation. They limit #s so you must book quickly if you know you will be there. They only take cruise ship passengers so you will be with other cruisers that have to be back to the ship on time.

I give them an A+!

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody been to this beach?

http://www.costamayaexcursions.biz/excursions/secludedallinclusivebeachescape.html

We like to enjoy our time at the beach without all that party crowd so I was wondering if anybody went there? Includes transportation so that is a plus. Thanks!

Thanks! Great tip. Everybody seems to go to Maya Chan or Tropicante, so that looks like a great alternative to escape the crowds!!

Wife and I just back from 5 night RC cruise on the Jewel. We went to Pez Quadro Beach Club at 40 Cannons Hotel. I reserved online and got a quick reply from Francisco. Got there 10:30 AM. Cab ride $4pp. It wasn't too crowded. In fact 1/2 the beach area was closed due to "low season". We had our own umbrella and lounges. Soaked up the sun and had SEVERAL drinks. Cost was $40 pp with lunch and open bar. We did have to tell many vendors roaming the beach "No thank you" but we never felt pressured. What's Mexico without someone saying "Señor, I need your dinero." We had a great day. Bathrooms were clean and Mgr Francisco and bartender were great!! I'd go there again in a minute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nohoch Kay is the best, they only take 40 people and its at the end of the beach away from all the crowds. The service was amazing and the food and drinks are outstanding! If you can get a reservation there, I would recommend them but since they only take 40 people, they fill up quickly.

Our taxi ride was only $2

Also, we had massages on the beach by Tracy, she was incredible!

Anybody been to this beach?

http://www.costamayaexcursions.biz/excursions/secludedallinclusivebeachescape.html

We like to enjoy our time at the beach without all that party crowd so I was wondering if anybody went there? Includes transportation so that is a plus. Thanks!

I would really like to know more about this place too. Does anyone even see a name to it? All I see is the name of the company that does the booking (and others). :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Maya Chan. A little bit of a hike from the pier via the provided shuttle, but well worth it. get off the ship early and get right there to make the most of the day. Check out the reviews on Trip Adviser or these boards, or go right to their web page / Facebook page. You can not be disappointed by going here!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if any of you have booked the Almaplena resort using the shore excursioneer before?

The weird thing I'm finding is that if I book directly with the resort, we will have to pay $148 right now and if for some reason we would ever have to cancel, we will not get a refund and be out all of that money.

If we book with excursioneer, they only require a deposit for all 3 of us of $18 and you pay the rest when you arrive at the resort. Therefore if we had to cancel, we would only be out $18.

It seems like a no brainer, but I haven't seen anyone mention using this company to book with this resort before.

• 3 weeks later...

They have changed their cancellation policy and you book directly with them I highly recommend them We just got back and loved loved loved it. Get off the ship early though so you can make the most of your time. Its about a 20 min drive and 10 minute walking time.

Archived