Soda & Coffee

CMcG

Coffee card is a waste....U can only use it at certain places. And its not any better.

I suggest you take VIA packs if u like Starbucks. Or as of late, I've packed my Keurig - I have a Mini.

Folders instant bags aren't too bad.

Not really a fan of Starbucks (it all tastes burnt to me) but the VIA packs sound like a great idea for Starbucks people.

I think we're going to take a small box of Folgers bags just in case - husband thinks they're OK when he doesn't want to make a full pot at home or office. I probably won't care about the regular coffee available but husband drinks his black - I mask a bit of the taste with sugar (and cream or milk if coffee is really bad).

Or we'll just drink hot tea - Bigelow and/or Lipton should give us plenty of options.

Just a heads up: If you like iced coffee, Sam's Club has the Starbucks Iced Coffee packs for an awesome price. You can always make these in a bottle of chilled water or ask for a large glass of water and mix it up yourself. I think they taste great and at 100 cals per pack it's a lot "skinnier" than any iced or frozen latte you'll get on board.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2730162

Ok, first time Princess Cruiser. Is the free coffee on Royal Caribbean different that the stuff served on Princess? (Syrup?) I don't even know what syrup coffee is. I love my coffee, so I would be interested to know what this is all about.

The free Princess coffee is syrup with hot water added to it. A few love it, some tolerate it and the rest hate it.

I am in the middle group. What I do is only drink it hot. If it cools off it is gone. I also leave a quater inch or so in the cup. The dredges are yucky. Finally, every cup gets a fresh cup. I don't add to the dredges.

I suggest you give the coffee a try. If you like it great, if not either buy the coffee card or individual cups of the brewed coffee.

Archived