Voyager 1/7/2012 NOLA sailing review w/ pics

momof4_tn

So we get to the end of the enclosed area, and Bill is wanting to continue exploring. I'm not really sure based on what I've read, but he insists. So, off we go. The only advice I can give you is if you're not interested don't stop, don't look, and don't take a picture. Once you engage them at all it's a little hard to get away. We didn't wander to far, but here are a few pics.

P1110232.jpg

This guy had some type of fruit and it was either rotten or badly bruised. He was on a mission though making laps through town.

P1110233.jpg

P1110235.jpg

Me again. Can you tell I'm thrilled to be standing in the middle of all this?

P1110236.jpg

The area to the right of this pic (and me) is where the buses were for excursions booked through the ship.

P1110237.jpg

A pirate ship had been docked that morning but was out in the water that aftenoon. We could hear the music all the way to our balcony.

P1110257.jpg

Bill hurt himself on these Savory Bites all week. With all those poppyseeds we joked that he would certainly failed a drug test upon return.

P1110259.jpg

We both ordered the spinach dip as an appetizer. It's so funny we weren't ever actually all that hungry but it was really hard to remember to take a pic of our food before we devoured it. Julio brought us a shrimp cocktail as well.

P1110261.jpg

P1110262.jpg

I had the shrimp and mahi tempura. It was delicious. I want to add we're not picky people when it comes to food but we do appreciate fine dining as well. We didn't have any food on the ship that was bad. From Cafe Promenade to the WJ to the main dining room, we loved every bite.

P1110263.jpg

I think this was the New York strip ordered medium rare.

Day 6 At Sea

P1120268.jpg

One day left and I'm afaid this is a view I could get used to.

So we figured we had eaten so much this week and done so little that we could help ourselves and help out the Make A Wish Foundation by participating in the Walk-a-thon. We went up to the Sports Deck to get our shirts.

P1120269.jpg

Then we figured if we were going to walk we probably needed a snack first to keep up our strength.

P1120270.jpg

Lucky us. It was Roast Beef day that's what is on the poppyseed roll (great more poppyseeds). The other is a grilled veggie sandwich. I loved these. Grilled eggplant, zuchini, squash, and red peppers.

Starting the walk. The seas were so calm on Day 6. Really the perfect day, still hot, nice breeze, great sun.

P1120275.jpg

Didn't know until I was loading all these that someone was shooting me while walking.

Well, we walked a mile so we deserve another meal right? They were grilling on the pool deck. They had ribs, baked potatoes, corn, and slaw. Sorry no pic, blood sugar must have been too low after that walk. But the food was good. This was really the online "line" we encountered all week.

P1120276.jpg

Formal Night Dinner Pics

P1120293.jpg

This was the Wild Mushrooms in Puff Pastry

Bill had the Cream of Asparagus Soup (no pic). He said it was tasty.

This was lobster night. Bill had Lobster. Julio took it out of the shell for him. I had the Prime Rib. I will say the Prime Rib I had earlier in the week was better than tonight, but I think it was simply the cut of meat. Julio came back before we ordered desset to see if Bill wanted another lobster. (He didn't know all we had done was eat that day.) We love Julio.

Dessert was Cherries Jubillee. I almost licked the plate. This was yummy. This was also the night of a Sampler that included the Flourless Chocolate CAke. We kept eating this chocolate thing and trying to figure out what it was because the texture was so unique. I could have had a dozen of those.

Day 7 - At Sea and Random Pics

P1130296.jpg

Picture Area

Art Display

P1130297.jpg

Rougher Seas Day 7

P1130300.jpg

Day 7 was way too cool for me and it was really the only time on the whole cruise that you could feel movement. This was especially true when you were all the way forward.

View Down the Promenade

P1130304.jpg

We spent most of this day packing, playing both rounds of Bingo (morning and afternoon) and taking some pictures. They did another lunch buffet on the pool deck but I"m not sure what they served. We went to the WJ. They had some grilled chicken that was really juicy and tender.

Bill's Burger - Afternoon Snack

P1130306.jpg

La Scala Theatre inside

P1130312.jpg

What a GREAT review...Loved your comments and pictures....You looked lovely on formal night...glad you had a great time and your review tipped the scale in favor of this trip in March for Kathy & I...hope to meet y'all on a future cruise...:) Dennis

Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful pictures and great review. We are on this ship sailing 2/04/2012 - so not much longer to wait for us.

I love the Voyager class ships best of all.

Joyce

Great review and great pics! We are sailing 3/31 and this is the first solid review with pics I could find of Voyager out of NOLA. I have a few questions! Can you give some detail on the parking process at the Whale lot. Never heard of that lot and wondering exactly where it is. You indicated you left your luggage with RC personnel. Was the luggage drop off clearly marked with RC uniformed personnel?

Do you have any pics of the English themed bar on the Promenade? (Cant remember the name as I write this!)

Any pics of the Cafe Promenade menu?

How was the nightlife including late night activities?

My DD wants to know if they have chicken fingers anywhere onboard! Haha! She lives on those things!

Thanks so much again for taking the time to post! Much appreciated!

Great review and great pics! We are sailing 3/31 and this is the first solid review with pics I could find of Voyager out of NOLA. I have a few questions! Can you give some detail on the parking process at the Whale lot. Never heard of that lot and wondering exactly where it is. You indicated you left your luggage with RC personnel. Was the luggage drop off clearly marked with RC uniformed personnel?

If you follow the signs to the cruise port you will see signs that indicate parking. Carnival parking is the Erato Street garage parking. RC is Julia Street -Whale lot. We had no clue how it was laid out and we just followed the signs no big deal. There were people directing traffic as well so you can always roll your window down and verify where you're going. As they say in Jamaica "no worries". As far as clearly marked for the luggage drop off, I would say NO. It's a Ryder truck and guys in the white shirts with name tags are standing in front of it. It's parked up near the fence toward the River Walk. Honestly, although it's not well marked it was not very intimidating. I felt totally comfortable with it and I"m usually a stressed out planner.

Do you have any pics of the English themed bar on the Promenade? (Cant remember the name as I write this!)

Pig & Whistle is probably what you are referring to and no I don't have pics as that place stayed quite crowded in the evenings. It's not very large for a bar in my opinion but it always seemed like a lively place.

Any pics of the Cafe Promenade menu?

There really isn't a menu for the Cafe. Basically, there are 4 stations. One has sandwiches there was always ham & chesse crossants and some type of pannini and then two that changed daily (sometimes 2x per day). I didn't see any of the changing ones repeat during the week so if you think you want to try it you better find somewhere to fit it in. Thus, why my clothes weren't fitting at the end of the week. There is a dessert area that usually has a fruit cup, some type of cake, pie, mousse, pudding, tiramisu. These also changed somewhat daily. A cookie station and pizza.

How was the nightlife including late night activities?

This is where I am really no help except the Compasses. We passed out each night after dinner. There were some nights we got back up for a late night snack but that was about it. There were shows each night, entertainment in the bars, but we didn't experience any of it.

My DD wants to know if they have chicken fingers anywhere onboard! Haha! She lives on those things!

I didn't see any, but that means nothing. Believe me she won't go hungry most kids we saw looked like they lived off ice cream for the week. I did peek at a kid's menu for the MDR one night and it looked like they had pretty extensive options. My only advice would be ask your waiter in the MDR they seemed more than happy to make sure you were accomodated.

Thanks so much again for taking the time to post! Much appreciated!

Hope this helps

One other thought - I've seen several reviews that they had a 'Beatles Tribute' band - did you recall this? and did you like it?

Thanks for the great job

I saw that too, but they were not on our sailing. Part of why we didn't make it to any shows is that none of them really appealed to us based on the description but we're not really show people. If the Beatles one had been there we probably would've checked that one out.

Great photos. thanks for sharing the review. Looks like you scored a table for two.:) Did you have anytime dining or did you have to make a change?

We had My Time Dining and I had requested a table for two online and set up our reservations at 6:15 each evening before we left. We verified this with the MDR on the first day. However, as I said after the first night we wanted to stick with Julio and Zoran so they asked us to change our reservation to 5:45 going forward. It's not fair to the servers to keep that table open waiting for a later reservation is what we were told and I totally understand that. One night we asked to push back to 8:30 and they told us we could try it but they couldn't guarantee our servers. When we arrived Julio had a table finishing up so we just waited no big deal.

We realized we like to dine together and then ease drop on the tables around us. We encountered some very interesting people but didn't actually have to talk to them. Some stories were very interesting and we looked forward to what we would hear the next night. This may be considered rude but it was entertainment for us.

Archived