Any "Super Secrets" on the Spirit?

SpoonerCruizer

I don't know if it is considered a secret but the very front row is not reserved for VIP's like latitudes members and suite guests. They are first come first serve. I didn't know that until the third day. So after that every show we went to we sat in the front row. You just need to wait in line 45 minutes early.

I don't know if it is considered a secret but the very front row is not reserved for VIP's like latitudes members and suite guests. They are first come first serve. I didn't know that until the third day. So after that every show we went to we sat in the front row. You just need to wait in line 45 minutes early.

Oh and what I am referring to is the Stardust Theatre

At the front of the Spinaker Lounge, to the left of the stage, there is a spiral staircase going down to the bridge viewing room with artifacts and other things on display. There is also a wheel to "steer the ship" and a pool table behind the stage area--at least there was in June.

If you will be in a regular balcony cabin with more than two people, when the sofa bed is opened, it's a tight squeeze to access the balcony. But we wanted to relax on the balcony while DD, as a teenager, was still sleeping in.

There is a small table/vanity & chair directly opposite the sofa bed; when opened, the sofa bed extends to within inches of the chair (that is tucked under the vanity). Move the chair before the sofa bed is opened (impossible to do afterwards), and you'll have several more inches between the foot of the bed and the vanity- enough to squeeze through and access the balcony. We placed the chair against the wall next to the vanity (and promptly used it as another table LOL).

Also, unless they've upgraded the sofa bed mattress recently, the metal bars of the bedframe can be felt right through the thin mattress. We lifted the mattress and put folded blankets on top of those metal bars for an extra layer of cushioning- much more comfortable.

The sofa bed was my only complaint; the Spirit is a great ship. I love the aft open decks, and the kids pool is great for youngsters.

My wife and I cruised on the Spirit last May and had a wonderful time. Our cabin was on deck 11 towards the stern. We found the main pool deck to sometimes be crowded and noisy (loud music). If we wanted to read or do the daily crossword/suduku with a little peace and quiet, we walked right out the back of deck 11 onto a smaller outside seating area that overlooks the kids pool and is one set of steps down from the buffet. There were never a lot of kids and was always quieter than the main pool deck (and much easier to find available chairs and tables). Have a great time!

Another treat that I think is special to the Spirit....the head chef is from India and held a special "Taste of India" dinner. There was an upcharge but it was amazing! We must of had 20+ different dishes delivered to our table.

Archived