Jewel of the Seas - trip journal with pictures

• 6 months later...
Thanks! It was around 6:45, I believe.

Hey CruisinCrow-

Hope you see this post...otherwise, any responses are welcome!

I'm reviving your thread with some quick questions. Hubby and I are looking at a few RCI sailings for Spring of 2014, and Jewel is one of them. It will be leaving out of San Juan PR.

- Was there any music/dancing on the pool deck at sailaway? I LOVE a good sailaway party!

- Is the Seaview Cafe included in the cost of the cruise or is there a fee?

Thanks in advance ;)

Hey there,

Yes, the Seaview Cafe is free! Good, fresh food too. You order at a counter and they bring your food out to your table (inside or outside).

It's been a while since our cruise but I'm sure there was music and dancing going on around the pool. I can't give you much detail because we were hanging out at the back of the ship, enjoying the peaceful views.

We really liked that ship. I hope you have a great cruise!

Hey there,

Yes, the Seaview Cafe is free! Good, fresh food too. You order at a counter and they bring your food out to your table (inside or outside).

It's been a while since our cruise but I'm sure there was music and dancing going on around the pool. I can't give you much detail because we were hanging out at the back of the ship, enjoying the peaceful views.

We really liked that ship. I hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for responding. Hubby and I were checking out some Youtube video tours of Jewel, and they looked soooo enticing. What a beautiful ship!

Thanks for responding. Hubby and I were checking out some Youtube video tours of Jewel, and they looked soooo enticing. What a beautiful ship!

It is beautiful. What I really liked was that there were so many places to see the ocean - you really knew you were on a ship and not in a hotel.

• 7 months later...

Hi Cruisincrow,

We were just on the Norwegian Jewel, and my daughter got the Black Forest Cake recipe. She was really excited to make it for Easter, and I seem to have lost it! Do you by any chance still have the recipe? If you do, would you be able to email it to me or post it here? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

firsttimer14

Hi Cruisincrow,

We were just on the Norwegian Jewel, and my daughter got the Black Forest Cake recipe. She was really excited to make it for Easter, and I seem to have lost it! Do you by any chance still have the recipe? If you do, would you be able to email it to me or post it here? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

firsttimer14

Would you believe it, I actually do! I'm a bit surprised myself. :)

I scanned it and posted it on my website. Here is the link: http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/recipe.jpg

Edited to add: I just realized that you said you were on the Norwegian Jewel and we were on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas. Hopefully the recipes will be pretty similar.

Edited by CruisinCrow