Booking Last Minute?

tinkerbeth

Hello, another total newbie here...

DH and I are hoping to cruise this summer. I'm thinking about leaving it until a week or two before to try to get a good deal. Does this make sense? We don't really care where we go (in the Carribean/Mexico area) or what kind of cabin we have, just want to save some money. We would have to fly from Detroit to wherever we'd be leaving from.

Any advice?

Thanks!:D

Beth

Beth- If you kinow what ship you want and when you want to sail- I suggest you book now- especially for summer cruises. Make sure the agent offers any price reductions up til sailing. In my signuture is my sailings I have taken- Only one has ever went down in price. All of the rest sailed at over 250 or more pp then what we paid.

Alos- waiting til last minute for airfare unless you use miles you will be paying a ton more then if you got the same fare today.

You can sign up for last-minute email specials on the cruise line websites. Also sign up at different Internet agencies. Don't wait until a week or two before the cruise. Some really great last-minute specials come out about four weeks before the cruise.

We booked our last cruise six weeks before Christmas. It left Christmas Eve and came back the day after New Year's Day. I was amazed I found a holiday cruise available at all and even more amazed that we were able to get a good deal on it. So there is hope, even during the more popular times of the year.

We may go to Alaska this summer. I am waiting to see if there are any deals available. I've put a reminder in my calender to start checking next week for ones the first week of July. The final payment date is soon.

Gizmo..

I have been looking for you..I don't know if you even remember me, we sailed on the Statendam last year....Please email me at my email address below..

Brian and I along with my sister, mom and Barbara and 4 more of our friends will be sailing on the Zuiderdam, Sept 17th to celebrate my sisters 50th Birthday..you guys have any cruises planned? Want to join us? Hope to hear from you soon...

Archived