Good restaurants in Orlando (near Universal?)

moesyk4

We are flying in the day before and arriving around 3 pm. Our hotel is in Orlando near the Universal gate and as DH's birthday is 3 days before I'd like to go out for his birthday at a fun/unique but not too pricey restaurant down there. Any suggestions?

Urban Spoon is a really good site to get restaurant information when travelling. Here is the link for Orlando. Just put in the address of your Orlando hotel and it will pull up a list of restaurants and the distance from the address.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/s/address/26?address=7160+N+Frontage+Rd%2C+Orlando%2C+FL&center[address]=7160+N+Frontage+Rd&center[city]=Orlando&center[lat]=28.458981&center[lon]=-81.313649&center[precision]=ROOFTOP&center[state]=FL&center[zip]=32812&old_address=7160+North+Frontage+Rd

2nd 2-2-Tango. It's a fun place for a B-Day.:)

If you like more authentic Mexican (as opposed to TB or Americanized Mexican like Chi-Chi's) you might look into El Tenampa on Rte 192, just east of "Marker 14". There's a grocery next door that makes good Mexican sweets and rolls, which are excellent with your coffee the next morning.

We are flying in the day before and arriving around 3 pm. Our hotel is in Orlando near the Universal gate and as DH's birthday is 3 days before I'd like to go out for his birthday at a fun/unique but not too pricey restaurant down there. Any suggestions?

There are plenty of restaurants at Universal Citywalk, some expensive some not. I liked the NASCAR Cafe that was there and Margaritaville is pretty fun and fairly reasonable. I guess it depends on what you consider pricey to be.

Archived