Cove Balcony Question

teamkern

We are looking at taking a cruise on the Breeze next year and thinking about booking a cove balcony. In looking at pics of the Magic, it looks like there are a couple of coves that don't have lifeboats directly over them, but instead have something else directly above. Does anyone have any experience with these coves? Do they get a little more sunlight?

6337429284_44738bd55e_z.jpg.162e77254b79bd00429dbdf54473ce19.jpg

Those are davit launched emergency rescue boats. They're like small life boats but more maneuverable and quick to launch. There's one on each side of the ship... They should get more sun that other Coves as there's no obstruction protruding beyong the side of the hull.

Dream021.jpg

:)

Thanks Host Mach & mrsbean1990 for the helpful answers. We are going to try and get one of the coves that would be in this area.

There is another thread about best website for deckplans and I used the link below to try and figure out which rooms would be in that area. I also counted on the magic the number of cove balconies in a couple of pics and got a general idea as well.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/deckplans/shipboard.HTML

hmmm i wonder what rooms them are that are under that opening.....im in 2298 does anyone know if thats open like that

On the Dream it looks like the Coves in the 2264 range back to about 2272 would be near that clear area. You're cabin is quite a bit farther back...

:)

Here is our cove balcony, #2276 on Magic. Port side. It is the one directly below the bottom, orange life ring. There was no lifeboat above our cabin or the ones on either side of us. It appears that there are five cabins in that area without one of the big lifeboats above it. There is a smaller lifeboat to the cabin to the right of ours, but it is set back further and does not hang over the cabin.

P1080261.jpg

We had 2 Cove balconies on the Carnival Magic a few weeks ago. It was quite enjoyable being so close to the water. We did have a life boat above us, however that did not interfere with our view at all.

It was nice and relaxing to sit on the balcony in the morning or even later at night and just watch the waves.

The only thing with the cove balcony is the tend to get a bit of water spray so tend to be a bit wet at times and also the railings and chairs get a bit of salt residue on them, however I would definitely book another cove balcony.

We were in 2288 on the Magic, and had the small boat somewhat above us, but we had much more sun than those to each side of us..The only negative was,we caught some spray when the sea was a little angry....One thing that the Costa incident makes me think about is that as you are so near the water , you could bail out much easier, God forbid that you ever have to.

• 4 weeks later...

I had never noticed that some of the cabins were open above until I read this post. After I read it, I booked my next cruise on the Magic and got cabin 2293. Can anyone decipher whether or not this is in the opening? My PVP and I believe it is, but I'd like another opinion.

I had never noticed that some of the cabins were open above until I read this post. After I read it, I booked my next cruise on the Magic and got cabin 2293. Can anyone decipher whether or not this is in the opening? My PVP and I believe it is, but I'd like another opinion.

From what I have made notes and couted cabins as well, it looks like you will be in one of the 5 prime cabins in this area. I've got the numbers written down so I can count when I'm on her on the 26th and be more prepared when I book her again.

Archived