Jewel of the Seas Aft Balconies 8170 8672

CruiseEm

Does anyone know anything about Jewel aft balconies 8170 and 8672. We are considering switching to these from hump balconies. Does anyone have any pictures or information of these cabins. Also are these bed by balconies? TIA

I don't have any info about these particular staterooms (except that they have larger balconies). The whole bed by balcony/closet issue only applies to Oasis class. All other ships have all of their beds by the balcony.

I've stay in this room a few years ago and loved it. The balcony is not wider just longer in length which is wonderful. Very peaceful and rather private since few make the walk all the way in the back. Down side is that you must walk to the elevators but to us it was worth it.

We really prefer the "hump' area.....so very convenient! When you see how long that hallway is, .....well, it's a pain in the a**! Totally! For 2 folks, the balconies are more than ample on the sides of the ship for sitting, reading, ocean-watching......the aft balconies are deeper, but it's really not a high priority for us! We don't host parties on our balcony!

8170 is fine, you should have a couple loungers on the balcony (at least we did when we had that cabin). As noted, long walk to elevators. But very quiet and a bit more motion than midship.

We've also been on the hump on Jewel (7592) and prefer the hump location to aft. To us it's just more convenient to everything.

It's all personal preference, we're just not the aft fans some people are.

We love the Jewel!

Thanks for all you replies. I am glad to hear that the bed will be by the balcony on Jewel. I don't think a long walk will be too big of a problem for our group. My mom just book these cabins and I'm so excited!

Archived