Coffee at Mahogany Bay - Beware

deadzone1003

I was on the Carnival Valor - Jan. 8-15 where we visited Mahogany Bay at Roatan. I purchased 4 bags of Cafe Miramundo coffee at one of the stores at Mahogany Bay. I thought this coffee was relatively fresh as it was tightly packed, i.e. beans can't move around. Well, I'm in China where I am visiting relatives and I opened one of those bags. No odor upon opening the bag.

We made a cup of coffee and there was no coffee taste, smooth but no coffee taste. It appears that I was ripped off, either the store was selling counterfeit Cafe Miramundo using some very old coffee that was repacked or Cafe Miramundo was repacking their expired coffee and selling it as new for the cruise passengers - don't buy coffee at Mahogany Bay - Beware.

(Cafe Miramundo was not available in the supermarkets at French Harbor or Coxen Hole,so I was forced to buy it at the stores at Mahogany Bay.)

I was on the Carnival Valor - Jan. 8-15 where we visited Mahogany Bay at Roatan. I purchased 4 bags of Cafe Miramundo coffee at one of the stores at Mahogany Bay. I thought this coffee was relatively fresh as it was tightly packed, i.e. beans can't move around. Well, I'm in China where I am visiting relatives and I opened one of those bags. No odor upon opening the bag.

We made a cup of coffee and there was no coffee taste, smooth but no coffee taste. It appears that I was ripped off, either the store was selling counterfeit Cafe Miramundo using some very old coffee that was repacked or Cafe Miramundo was repacking their expired coffee and selling it as new for the cruise passengers - don't buy coffee at Mahogany Bay - Beware.

(Cafe Miramundo was not available in the supermarkets at French Harbor or Coxen Hole,so I was forced to buy it at the stores at Mahogany Bay.)

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. The packets I've bought in the past had little vents you could squeeze and smell the coffee. When ground you could smell the coffee. Never had a bad cup. BTW, while you might not be able to buy Cafe MIramundo in the local groceries, you can get very good Honduran coffee in bulk and at lower prices than at either cruise pier.

Archived