Sea Miles info....

cantw82cruise

Well I heard a few things on board the legend last week for the Sea Miles guy that I thought I would pass along. Just take it for what it's worth and wait and see. He told me that in the next few months they would be defining the program a lot better. He said that I would have no problem getting the full $500 off a seven day cruise. The reason it was saying up to $500 was because they had people taking a $300 cruise and wanting a room credit for the remainder. He also said that I would be able to get more than the $500 off with more points at a reduced rate. The $500 is like a %5 pay back. He said it would drop to like 2% after that. He was not sure what the limit would be. He told me Carnival owns this program and is determined to make it a success. He also said the only reason they will let you book with other companies is that Carnival know cruisers are cruise loyal but not necessarily brand loyal. He said this way Carnival can make money off of someone booking with any company. I am in a wait and see but if it turns out like he says it should end up being better than the Capitol One program.

I am in a wait and see but if it turns out like he says it should end up being better than the Capitol One program.
I'm in no way a 'pooper-of-the-party', but I'm guessing the reason that Capital One is no longer associated with Carnival, is that it cost them too much $$$! For another card to be better than Capital One, and their 'rewards', there would have to be a hitch somewhere! :rolleyes:

I think they need to make major changes...

I have been able to get into thier site since I have over 10,000 in points on thier card already without the transfer of my Carnival card points yet....

I decided to compare a cruise price of a cruise I am actually booked on for August...it actually said fare without OUR points 499.00 fare with points 499.00 so that means on a 5 night cruise I would get nothing off.....

Funny thing is i booked earlier and the my price is even cheaper.....but the going rate now is 499.00

This card was a huge disappoinment.....

I still have not been told for sure if we can use our personal agent ...or if we have to use "their agency" to book the cruises...

I know I am loyal to my agent now and would sure hate to quit using her as we have been using her for years...

My friend checked a cruise we just booked recently on HAL ...and the rate quoted was more than what our agent could get us ...and that was disappointing :( ...and the number of points available to use was quite large too ...

I hope Carnival will get this SeaMiles program worked out and let us know exactly the "do's and don'ts" ...so we can make a decision to either keep the card or cancel it ...I think we will likely cancel this card soon if there is not a more "customer friendly" approach put into place by SeaMiles....

We were on the Miracle recently and although the rep. was very nice and cordial ..I did not find out much info about my concerns regarding the card and the program....

Hopefully Carnival will read these boards and recognize the need to make adjustments to the rules of the card as it relates to who you can book your cruise with ...seems that booking with Carnival directly and then given the option to transfer the booking to your agent would be a win/win for everyone :) :)

I like the Capital One program and sure hate to see it end ...

When I was on my four day Paradise cruise the the Capers had a line announcing that the Sea Miles desk will be open (this was our second Carnival cruise. Well Derfette and I went and couldn't find it. We went to the Pursers Desk and they said that line was put in by mistake.

What is the Sea Miles program?

I am in the process of changing over to seamiles. Am I better off cashing in my points with Capital One (43,000) or transferring to sea miles. Also, if I cash in now, how long to I have to use voucher. Thanks

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=111125

Follow that thread above and the information there might be helpful...

Personally I would use my capital one miles to see what I could get off

my next cruise..

..Unless you are working towards a free cruise only then might that other card even be helpful.

It is tough to get into thier site(sea miles) and see what they offer for sure unless you have that amount of points on your card...

I have 12,000 and as far as I can see although the sample cruise info says you will get 50-150 off

I checked what I would get for 10,000 points

nothing off............absolutely 0 plus pay a 19.95 processing fee.....

I am booking two rooms and using up all my points but 20,000 points...whihc will be transfered to sea miles....and i am majorly disappointed....I woiuld only use it for airmiles and then it would cost me $50.00 to do it....

I have called carnival to let them know how bad this card is and they said noone else has said anything...off course they cant get into site to see what they dont get.....

I am annoyed about having to transfer my points to this card.....

I was very excited at first but now that this is winding down I cannot contain my disappoinment........

I am planning on a 5 night cruise and after I got into thier site is is clear to see that there would be no savings for me with this card....so....I decided to call

I called this sea miles to see what else I could use my points for because for my 10,000 points I would get NO SAVINGS AT ALL for the cruise I was interested in....

The first person was very suprised to hear for 10,000 there was no savings at all. This seemed to be the credit card company in charge....She could only get into first page...and could not get into actual site as I can...

She was honestly suprised...

I told her I posted prrof on cruise critic....lol

Then...........

She told me to talk to another department customer service.....

That guy said yes we are aware that sometimes there is no savings at all.....

with this card and points...

He said It depends on what the travel agency they are working with decides to discount.......

and to contact them directly...............and work something out with them...

You cannot get flowers or coupons on gifts of any sorts.

I would be satisfied with that.

There are only discounts on certains sailings .......

even then you must pay processing fee of 19.95.......

What a joke...

We need to let carnival know this is a joke so we can have the option of transferring our points to another card......

Even to redeeam air miles there is a 50.00 processing fee....

To transfer my balance it was a 50.00 fee??

This cards a mess.........

I would love more imput...............

Ahhhhhhhh, so close.

I'm at 8000 points.......but will have to wait for the next cycle to get over that 10,000 mark so I can check it out for real.

When are the Capital One points supposed to roll over ?

I cashed in 23,000 for $500 last month and I have about 3000 points left to roll over.............

Ahhhhhhhh, so close.

I'm at 8000 points.......but will have to wait for the next cycle to get over that 10,000 mark so I can check it out for real.

When are the Capital One points supposed to roll over ?

I cashed in 23,000 for $500 last month and I have about 3000 points left to roll over.............

I'd reedem those last 3000 points for four bottles of Champagne!

I have studied the new Sea miles plan a lot and have concluded that it isn't poorly constructed at all. Rather, it is brilliantly concieved!

The purpose of the card is to make users think that they will get a discount in the future on a cruise. Rubes who take them up on this will have to book with them at a higher cost than another agent, plus pay a "processing fee". Processing fee? That's just another way of cheating you. They could offer a $1000 cruise credit, just pay the $990 processing fee and there are people who would take them up on the offer, thinking they won the lottery.

The redemption of points is purposely kept secret. They want to look like a pay you back card without being one. When they say "selected sailings", that means sailing in the middle of the year that would be marked down a lot anyhow. If you want to sail in the summer and get a $500 discount, dream on!

You'd be better off getting a Discover card and an Entertainment book. That way you get money back AND a $100 off coupon, the day you get it all!

The success of this card is dependent on how many stupid people out there are willing to sign up for it.

I have studied the new Sea miles plan a lot and have concluded that it isn't poorly constructed at all. Rather, it is brilliantly concieved!

I have been so disappointed but you made me laugh......

Anyone know what kind of champagne?? I have already ordered 2 bottles one for each room....Maybe I should order more...lol

I just cashed in the last of my points, $500off of our cruise and 11 bottles of champagne. I think I left 300 points to be transferred over in June. We have 5 rooms going and I put it all on the new card. So the points are building up. I guess I will find out next year when I try to book something. Hopefully it will be worked out by then.

I hate to see the Capital One program end.

"Anyone know what kind of champagne?? I have already ordered 2 bottles one for each room....Maybe I should order more...lol"

The champagne is Korbel. When I first ordered it with CC1 points over a year ago, I was expecting Carnival brand Champagne ( I ended up with a free bottle of that back in '98- burp!). I was surprised to see Korbel.

Oh, and it is yours to enjoy where ever. Take it the dining room, or even the supper club. They'll serve it up without charging a "serving fee" because hey, you did pay for it. I did save the note with it, but it was never asked for.

On my last cruise, we had five bottles of it and after the third bottle, was sick of it. All that carbonation! If you get sick of nightly champagne, I am sure you can give a bottle away to some grateful friends. Remember, the first formal night and repeaters party will keep you uh, tipsy. Make sure you don't drive yourself home!

Archived